PDA

View Full Version : Software registration

Beerfaced
10-09-2008, 12:59 AM
Hello everyone. I just received my machine today and I am having difficulty registering it. Where do I find the activation number it requires in the form? The long weekend is fast approaching and I am worried I'll have to do yard work or something.

Jeff_Birt
10-09-2008, 08:21 AM
It is on the machine, on a sticker right by the power cord :)

Oh, welcome to the forum! Be sure to go over to the main CW website: http://carvewright.com/, and look at all the learning resources available under the 'Support' tab. I always recommend that 'newbie' read through all the Tips&Tricks as it will help you avoid most of the common 'newbie' mistakes that all of us have made as now owners/users.

Beerfaced
10-09-2008, 09:04 AM
Thanks Jeff, but that is the machine serial number which I have entered in the serial No. box under "Your Machine". Above that line is the box asking for "Activation ID or Serial Number". It won't accept the same number here. It gives me the following message "The serial number you entered is already on your account". I am stumped!!
It also indicates on that page that I have not registered any computers yet. Could that be the problem? If so, I don't know what I am supposed to do to register my computer. Did I miss a step somewhere?
Can't wait to get started.

Jeff_Birt
10-09-2008, 09:19 AM
I think the activation ID is just used when you by an accessory/add-in like the scanning probe or Center-line text. If you still can't figure it out give CW a call. They have software support people on staff who will be glad to help get you going.

atauer
10-09-2008, 10:03 AM
Beerfaced and Jeff,

You are both close on your answers. The activation ID number is actually found in the software. It is what is provided to us to get the license code for the software. If you open the software, select the register now button, and select the option to register by phone, the software will produce an activation ID number. You can take that number and enter it into the box on the online site. If you have any furhter questions, feel free to contact us at software@carvewright.com.

MikeMcCoy
10-09-2008, 12:50 PM
My second machine was a CompuCarve return that had already been registered. A 2 minute phone call to LHR took care of the problem.

Beerfaced
10-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Well, I think I have tried everything now with zero success.
The following errors occured while processing your form input:

No licenses available!

It would seem a phone call might be my only resource, however that won't be possible until I can take some time off work. Until then folks I have a very expensive paper weight sitting around and my frustration level is through the roof!

This is by far the most annoying registration process I have ever encountered.

I guess I will be doing yard work this weekend for sure.

Jeff_Birt
10-10-2008, 05:57 AM
CW has folks answering the phone on Saturdays too! No need to be frustrated :)

TerryT
10-10-2008, 07:34 AM
No licenses available!

This probably means that you have already used the two licenses allowed for the software. Call LHR, it is a quick fix.

Kenm810
10-10-2008, 08:05 AM
Two Computers per license are allowed,
I have my CW Software on my home and office PC's.
And bought a second license from LHR for my laptop,
that leaves me with the ability to use the second license
on one more computer if ever had to.

TerryT is right Call LHR, they'll be happy to help you out.

Beerfaced
10-10-2008, 09:00 AM
Actually, I only have the software on one computer. I am hoping I can get through quickly on the phone this morning before I leave for work. I'm not quite so frustrated today but I am anxious.
That is good to know they are open on Saturday. My documentation says Mon to Fri.
Thanks everyone for your input. This is a really great site and you make it so.

Ike
10-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Actually, I only have the software on one computer. I am hoping I can get through quickly on the phone this morning before I leave for work. I'm not quite so frustrated today but I am anxious.
That is good to know they are open on Saturday. My documentation says Mon to Fri.
Thanks everyone for your input. This is a really great site and you make it so.

Beerface, fret not my friend! I had the same problem trying to register some patterns and my pattern editor. And CW sent my serial numbers via e-mail! I think there might be a glitch in the registering software?

But one phone call was up and running!

Ike

Beerfaced
10-11-2008, 02:48 AM
Thanks Ike and everyone. I was able to get through this morning (well yesterday morning now ... I just realized how late it is), and like some of you have said, a couple minutes and everything was corrected. Great service, I can't say enough about that.
I have already run a 1hr 50 minute test and was quite satisfied with the result. It was just a piece of laminated pine and I tried a graphic and some lettering on it. Went too deep with the lettering and could have used a simpler font but great learning curve anyway. Man what a beauty machine.
Well, long weekend for me and lots of lumber to carve :D
Have a nice weekend everone.

TurtleCove
10-12-2008, 06:19 PM
When I attempted to register, I selected "online", rather than "phone". When it asked for my machine serial number, I entered XXYYYZZZ. I didn't like it. I then entered XX-YYY-ZZZ. It didn't like it. I then entered XX.YYY.ZZZ, and it liked it. Use periods as seperators.

-dirk
www.thinboards.com