PDA

View Full Version : Help

sensei
10-07-2008, 07:18 PM
I have a project that I did, there is a line cut across the arch on the start end of the board. It's should not be there. It does not show up on the lay out at all. I have sent the project, can someone tell me why that line is there? Or more to the point.....How do I get rid of it? It's driving me crazy.

Mike

HighTechOkie
10-07-2008, 08:08 PM
Can't tell ya why its there. To get rid of it, just click on the line with the mouse to select it and press the Delete key on your keyboard. You could also right mouse click and choose Delete.

Rob

sensei
10-07-2008, 08:35 PM
I would but it's not there. There is no line in the software layout. Only when I make the board.

TerryT
10-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Maybe a pic of the actual project would help. Without seeing it my first guess is possibly snipe. If the board is not staying under the rollers (7 inches longer than the designer board) You can get a line in the carveing caused by the end of the board lifting as it comes out from under the rollers.

sensei
10-07-2008, 09:24 PM
I'll see if I can get a pic. It's not a snipe. It cut just like a lay out line.

benluz
10-07-2008, 11:47 PM
Check your bit to make sure the set screws did not come loose.Try moving it up and down and see if it slips in the bit holder.
Ben

sensei
10-08-2008, 11:30 AM
The bit is fine, I have done several boards and it's on all of them. Tonight I'm going to see if I can get a good picture of it and post it.

sensei
10-08-2008, 04:05 PM
I'm trying to attach a jpg of the board, it will not do it. Any help

sensei
10-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Ok the jpg was to big. Here is a picture of the board. The line cuts right across the board yet there is no line in the virtual cribbage board. Any ideas?

Mike

cnsranch
10-08-2008, 04:28 PM
Sensei -

Is the board you're loading into the machine at least 22" long?

LollyWood
10-08-2008, 04:30 PM
Mike,
In your layout is the center square (where the words are) and the inside of the arch (curve around the end) seperate lines? It appeares (to me) to be a coutinuation cut line of the straight sections, or an end line of the text box.

Just a thought.

Amonaug
10-08-2008, 05:38 PM
That's a stumper there. It's definitely not snipe. It looks as if something got corrupted because you have an "S" in the middle of the track in that pic too.

Have you tried reformatting the card and reloading it? Then try to carve it.

Another thing to try is copy everything and paste into a new project then upload that and try a carve. From your .mpc you have groups with nothing in it so I'm assuming that you have added and deleted several things which could have screwed up the compilation when it was uploading to the card.

Just a few suggestions to try.

sensei
10-08-2008, 09:03 PM
LollyWood, the text box does not go that far. And If the line was a continuation of a cut line why would it not show in the virtual layout?

Amonaug, the S is to show the skunk line. I have formatted the card. The empty boxes are where the peg holes go, I just did not finish the project because of the line.

Help ;(

LollyWood
10-08-2008, 11:43 PM
Good one Mike.

I re-did your Pat piece by piece, then compaired. The pats look identical, everything straight and alined. That line SHOULD NOT BE TEHRE. Didn't show in my (attempted redo) I'm at work this eve, but on the morrow I'm gona give it a carve. Stumper is an understatement. :confused:

sensei
10-09-2008, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the help LollyWood. I went over the layout late last night; I did find some duplicate cut lines on some of the layout. I removed them and I'm going to try another cut tonight. I hope that’s it. I'm making them as some gifts and time is running out.

Mike

sensei
10-09-2008, 01:19 PM
%&#$, this is driving me nuts. I ran a few more tests and the line is still there. What do I do?

HighTechOkie
10-09-2008, 01:32 PM
Please post a copy of your latest mpc. Have you eleminated the extra Groupings in the carving list?

Rob

cnsranch
10-09-2008, 01:51 PM
Since you're not opposed to running some test pieces, the one thing you can do is find the problem through the process of elimination. Copy the right side of the mpc, and paste it in another mpc. Run that, and see if the line is still there. If it's not, the problem is with the left side. Keep that up 'till you find the problem.

I've looked at the mpc and the pic, there is no reason for the line's being there. Sorry, don't know if this has been suggested, but have you re-formatted your card, then uploaded the project again?

There has to be a software glitch somewhere. If it were hardware, the problem wouldn't show up at the exact same place time and again (I don't think).

sensei
10-09-2008, 06:00 PM
HighTechOkie, I did remove extra groupings and I was very hopeful that was the problem. It's not.

cnsranch, I have done everything you suggested, no luck.

Here is were I'm at. These were some of the first projects I laid out with my software and some were there is a glitch, I have learned a lot about the software. The lay out is much easier now so I'm deleting the projects and starting over. I can do the lay out much faster now and, to be honest I think it will take less time than finding the problem.

Thanks for all the help. This is a great place to learn.

Thanks again

Mike

sensei
10-09-2008, 06:45 PM
Wow, now I'm really not happy. I just did a completley new layout and the line is still there, but on the big arc

Here is the file. I'm about to give up.

I'll send a picture next.

sensei
10-09-2008, 06:51 PM
The line under the finish should not be there and it does not show up in the layout in any way shape or form.

Just thought of something. I'm using the arc tool and the ends are not attached at the ends, could that be the problem?

FiddlemakerMills
10-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Sensi I will work on it tonight to see if I can determine the problem.

Carl

sensei
10-09-2008, 07:40 PM
I just laided out the arcs in by attaching the two together and I'm going to run it now. I love the net. I'll let you know in about 10 min.

jlitz
10-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Wow, now I'm really not happy. I just did a completley new layout and the line is still there, but on the big arc

Here is the file. I'm about to give up.

I'll send a picture next.

I took a look at the carving instructions saved on the memory card, there's nothing obvious wrong. Attached are the paths saved as an Adobe Illustrator file.

I suspect it's a firmware software bug.

What I'd suggest trying is making the arcs closed paths and retry. My guess is there's some weird edge case bug which is triggered when Designed merged one of the closed boxes with an arc into a single path.

sensei
10-09-2008, 08:25 PM
jlitz, that’s just what I did. I closed the path on the arc and I think that did it. I'm trying a full run right now. We'll see what happens.

Sensei

sensei
10-09-2008, 08:46 PM
Well that did it, clean as can be. I must say that was interesting. I still don't know what it was but closing the arc did the trick.

Thanks to everyone.

Sensei

FiddlemakerMills
10-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Ok I see that I was a little late, I closed the arc on the first try then added the spline. This closed the arc for sure this time. I also locked the locations with the data entry window.

carl:-D

sensei
10-10-2008, 10:20 AM
Thanks again everyone.

Sensei

sensei
10-12-2008, 07:44 PM
Here we go again, I just ran an absolutely beautiful cribbage board in 1" old growth Maple. I have fine lines that run the path of the holes and one side of the board. The ones on the start side of the board are much lighter than the other. I have double checked the layout and it's good.

The board has a small twist to it, could that do it? I'm not sure I have ever seen a board that didn't have a bit of a twist to it.

Thanks for any input.

Sensei

b.sumner47
10-12-2008, 09:33 PM
Try and see if the top is going down level.Just crank top down to about 1 inch openning in the back.Measure from the sandpaper belt up.Capt.Barry

sensei
10-14-2008, 04:46 PM
I'll check it out tonight, but I think it is ok. I think it's the twist in the wood. Anyone else have this problem and could it be the twist?

HelpBot3000
10-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Check your board tracker as well. I have seen several people that had unusual lines across a project and it turned out that an uneven board was skipping over the brass board tracker although the sandpaper belts were still moving. If that is the case than it could be EITHER the tracker or the board itself (although you already stated that you think it might be the board)