PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Carvers

oldjoe
10-07-2008, 10:34 AM
Just thought I would let everyone in Minnesota and Wisconsin that there is a Wood Working Show this weekend at the State Fair Grounds. And LHR is suppose to be there.

http://cms.thewoodworkingshows.com/cms/Shows/StPaulMNOct1012/tabid/88/Default.aspx

Oliver Lande
10-08-2008, 05:42 AM
Joe - I'm planning on going on Friday, wearing something identifying myself as a CarveWright owner. Would sure like to meet other owners there.

oldjoe
10-08-2008, 06:40 AM
Wish I could but can't go till Saturday,

supershingler
10-08-2008, 07:30 AM
being from south dakota i would love to make it to the show but due to work conflicts im not going to make it

i sure would love for the carvers in the upper midwest to get together and have a round table discussion and show off our work i think it would be a lot of fun

just a thought

let me know what everyone thinks

kendall

MikeMcCoy
10-08-2008, 07:41 AM
Joe - I'm planning on going on Friday, wearing something identifying myself as a CarveWright owner. Would sure like to meet other owners there.

I wonder if LHR has given any thought to stocking some personalized things like coffee mugs, hats etc in their store? :cool:

rfoster
10-08-2008, 01:29 PM
I plan on going Friday also, what will you be wearing? I live in NE Mpls not far from the Fair Grounds. Richard

Router-Jim
10-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Fellow member "Wooden Nickle" and myself will be attending on Saturday. I hope CarveWright has their new 1/16" bit there so I can pick one up and not have to pay shipping. ;)

Oliver Lande
10-09-2008, 06:58 AM
Well--------- I had planned on doing an iron on for a Tshirt with a picture of the machine and text (something like - "Ask Me About My Carvewright"), BUT ink ran out in the printer and I just don't have the drive to go out and replace 3 cartridges at 10 bucks and one at 30, so I'll let the wife handle it when she feels rich. Will probably just make a pest of myself at the demo's and make myself known that way. (Fair warning to whoever they are sending up here)

Maybe wear a cribbage board around my neck?

sensei
10-09-2008, 10:32 AM
I'll be there on Sat. I'm hoping to see some planers there. I have a 7" planer but that’s a bit small these days. Would like to pick up a 15 or 20 inch.

Do companies there have show specials?

Mike

Kenm810
10-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Yep!!!

Most do Including CarveWright http://forum.carvewright.com/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif

I'm planning and looking forward to going to the Wood Workers Show in Michigan in December.
I got a few pretty good deals on tools there last year,
and had a chance to meet a few of the folks from LHR at the same time. http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Oliver Lande
10-11-2008, 08:42 AM
Just have to say that I went to the Friday show. Mostly it was a "Walk around and look at what I wish I could afford" show. BUT I met Connie R. from LHR and she was fantastic. She didn't even get bugged when I monopolized some of her time. Everytime I talk to anyone on staff by phone or in person - Connie this year and it might have been Joe L at last years I am impressed by their enthusiasm, knowledge and personality. I used to think "The Bard" was the only contact I wanted to have at LHR, but the more people I meet the more impressed I am. Although Chris is still my hero for getting me out of more messes that I wish I had had.

Open message to C Lovchik - Where do you get all these great people? Its hard to believe that a company has found a staff all the way from your receptionist to sales to tech to educators to marketing who are simply put as wonderful as this staff seems to be. Thank You!

sweliver
10-11-2008, 05:38 PM
Just have to say that I went to the Friday show. Mostly it was a "Walk around and look at what I wish I could afford" show. BUT I met Connie R. from LHR and she was fantastic. She didn't even get bugged when I monopolized some of her time. Everytime I talk to anyone on staff by phone or in person - Connie this year and it might have been Joe L at last years I am impressed by their enthusiasm, knowledge and personality. I used to think "The Bard" was the only contact I wanted to have at LHR, but the more people I meet the more impressed I am. Although Chris is still my hero for getting me out of more messes that I wish I had had.

Open message to C Lovchik - Where do you get all these great people? Its hard to believe that a company has found a staff all the way from your receptionist to sales to tech to educators to marketing who are simply put as wonderful as this staff seems to be. Thank You!

I got to the show around 12:45 visited with Connie and her associate...very helpful folks!! Having executed multi day seminars for ten years (Triage In Trauma) for the prehospital and ER folks, I knew the first minutes of the first day weren't probably the best time to meet up...but, that's all I had. I'm impressed with LHR, their service, and getting to see a WoodWorking show.

sw

oldjoe
10-12-2008, 09:14 AM
I second that!
I was there Saturday around 10:20 or so and was very impressed with the two ladies working the booth. Wish I would have had more time to spend with them and I wish I would have been better prepared to ask more questions.
LHR seems to hire quality people.
Also wished to have run into other carvers but had very limited time to spend there. Had my family with and my daughter went across the isle and took over the show at one of the other booths that was selling a router jig the makes dovetail, and lollypop joints. She actually got to make one of the joints on their machine. Big smile on her face all these woodworking guys standing there while my 11 year old daughter cut a lollypop joint. Okay that was a proud dad brag!
Maybe next year and maybe the check book balance will be bigger to really enjoy the show.;)