PDA

View Full Version : Centerline Text Thoughts

mikejr
10-07-2008, 06:46 AM
I don't see any posts here about the centerline text software. The description makes it seem like this is a must for making quality signs. Is anybody using this software? What are the thoughts? Worth the extra $?

TerryT
10-07-2008, 08:14 AM
I have been using centerline since it came out. It is well worth the cost if you plan to make signs.

mtylerfl
10-07-2008, 08:38 AM
I don't see any posts here about the centerline text software. The description makes it seem like this is a must for making quality signs. Is anybody using this software? What are the thoughts? Worth the extra $?

Hello Mike,

Do a search of the forum for "centerline" and you will see a LOT of info about it and probably some pictures, too.

Can't beat it for doing recessed lettering - especially "fancy" lettering like beautiful script fonts.

mikejr
10-07-2008, 06:06 PM
Sorry mytylerfl, I did search "centerline" and got about 300 hits. I just figured I would get a much small headache by asking again.

Thanks for the input guys. I will search again and sift through some of the posts.

LollyWood
10-07-2008, 06:31 PM
Hey Mike, When you search, on the right hand side is the section that post is in. ( Software, trouble shooting, etc) Try looking in the Galleries. Some pics will show ya how cool Centerline is. A must for top notch font lettering and worth every cent.

mtylerfl
10-07-2008, 08:07 PM
... Try looking in the Galleries. Some pics will show ya how cool Centerline is. A must for top notch font lettering and worth every cent.

I agree! Centerline is an excellent add-on that you will certainly appreciate having. (Don't forget you'll need the 60° and the 90° bits to along with it.)

pscychnurse
10-13-2008, 02:08 PM
is center line worth the money??? I make great signs with the software now

Router-Jim
10-13-2008, 02:15 PM

I felt the same way for the first year that I had my machine. I finally broke down and bought it this spring and I kick myself for waiting that long.

Jim

Amonaug
10-13-2008, 02:16 PM

Is it worth the money? In my opinion that is up to the user

It adds another option for doing text and may provide an option that the other 2 methods don't work well in. Also you really can't do tiny text with the other 2 methods EXCEPT using Modern font with outline and a 90 degree V-bit gives you a centerline type text.

GrammaPam
10-13-2008, 02:25 PM
If the adage "Time is Money" means anything Centerline will usually save a ton of carving time. The font comes real nice and it paints real well. I'd say Yea!
Keep On Carvin'
G.P.

skeeterman
10-13-2008, 05:25 PM
I had. to get new board sensor from LHR, so while i was at it i went ahead and got centerline, now i got somthing else to learn, oh boy.

Audie
10-13-2008, 06:08 PM

and to quote your other post

i had mine 8 months and 3 trips back to have it fixed before i ever carved my 1st project.....nothings normal with this machine. when i get the close cover over and over i cut it off and on....ANOTHER glithch of this piece of.......

Confused as to how you are making great signs

mtylerfl
10-13-2008, 10:25 PM
It is certainly possible to make great signs without centerline. Raised or recessed lettering carved with the 1/16" carving bit can produce very attractive results. Although I do like the centerline for certain fonts, there are plenty of applications for "conventional" lettering, too.

Here's a few pics of some projects done without the use of centerline...

brady.schwyhart
10-14-2008, 02:09 PM
Here are a couple of things I've done using centerline text. Fidlers Green is the standard Cavalrymans poem and the dust bunnies, well, you get the picture, :mrgreen:

mtylerfl
10-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Very nice! (Love the Dust Bunny plaque!)

brady.schwyhart
10-14-2008, 03:24 PM
Michael,
Thanks again for the compliment. One of my wifes friends would always say that so I made it for her birthday. The machine definately makes gift "shopping" a lot easier for me, ha ha.
Brady

oldjoe
10-14-2008, 07:59 PM
nice looking projects. Would it be possible for you to post the dust bunny plaque. I know people that need that one?

brady.schwyhart
10-14-2008, 08:24 PM
Be more than happy to Joe. I uploaded both the one pictured and another larger one that ended up being the birthday present(I like to give the wife choices, Ha Ha)
Brady

brady.schwyhart
10-17-2008, 02:22 PM
HAPPY HALLOWEEN Ya'll
Here's a couple of tombstones I did for the yard using centerline text.