PDA

View Full Version : Puzzel Box

RayTrek
10-06-2008, 10:43 AM
A little while back Dragon carver posted a site with puzzle boxes and I had to give it a try I used the Medieval Casket plans with 3/16” ply wood and modified all the measurements and added my own touch to finished design with some carvings.
Was a great project for learning woodcraft skills.
Talk later
Ray Ver 1.131

oldjoe
10-06-2008, 11:39 AM
Wow what a great looking project. Nice finish
Do you plan on making anymore? Did you use the CC to do the cut out work on the internal pieces.

mtylerfl
10-06-2008, 01:58 PM
A little while back Dragon carver posted a site with puzzle boxes and I had to give it a try I used the Medieval Casket plans with 3/16” ply wood and modified all the measurements and added my own touch to finished design with some carvings.
Was a great project for learning woodcraft skills.
Talk later
Ray Ver 1.131

Great job! (What's the Dragon's website URL?)

Nevermind - I found it - it's not Dragoncarver's website, though, it's one he had posted a link for...http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bruce.viney/index.html

(Search was my friend!)

Amonaug
10-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Well done!

I'm working on the puzzle blocks and sometime later planned on trying one of the puzzle boxes. Getting the blocks in near perfect cubes is hard and then glueing them in a straight line :) I made one but there are gaps between some parts so I'm trying to perfect it.

atauer
10-06-2008, 02:38 PM
Mike,

I just found this link that dragoncarver had posted a while back. Check it out.

www.homemadepuzzles.co.uk

mtylerfl
10-06-2008, 02:50 PM
Mike,

I just found this link that dragoncarver had posted a while back. Check it out.

www.homemadepuzzles.co.uk (http://www.homemadepuzzles.co.uk)

Thanks, Alex.

atauer
10-06-2008, 02:51 PM
No problem. I think it leads to the same site. I haven't checked out the link you posted yet.

Tom75
10-06-2008, 04:06 PM
brethless thats all i have to say . keep up the good work

RayTrek
10-06-2008, 04:17 PM
Opps Thanks for the correction Michael to often I leave out key words
Oldjoe, I cut the internal parts with a band saw But with the new 1/16” cutting bit and version 1.131 cut path abilities I would like to try and lay out a mpc file and give it a try.
Kevin, I know what you mean, things need to fit near perfect and the file set was handy for adjustments also have a scrap pile of mistakes.
Thanks to Bruce Viney for the plans at www.homemadepuzzles.co.uk and Dragoncarver for posting the link.
Ray
Thank you Tom and all that have enjoyed
Cheers to you