PDA

View Full Version : Broken Traction Belt

jssperdute
10-03-2008, 08:24 PM
I am a new user with a small sign shop north of Pittsburgh, PA. I have a project that i wanted to get done this weekend, but just broke a traction belt. I thought that i'd get a little more out of it, but it started running out of alignment and tore on the edge of the machine. I never ordered spare's and of course, now i need one.

Does anyone know if Sears, Rockler, Woodcraft or Harbor Freight carry anything that would work? Is there a way to use something else just to get me through the weekend if I can't find something that works.

I am wondering if found a belt that had the right length, if i could put two or three of them side by side. My local woodworking store has paper by the roll, i am wondering if i could make something.

I know that this is not the best answer, but i need something to get me finishied with this sign.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I also have a sign that i need to make in two halfs. I am going to use HDU foam and would love for someone that has done this in the past to look at my file to make sure the seam in the two halfs would work out correctly.

Thank you to everyone for the information that this board provides. It is truly priceless.

Jim in PA

Digitalwoodshop
10-04-2008, 12:25 PM
Jim,

If the edge is torn and the belt is not torn all the way through, you can remove the belt and trim off the junk and FLIP the belt and your back in business....

Welcome !!!!

Would like to see what you do for signs. V Carving is 90% of my business now....

AL