PDA

View Full Version : Ring a ling hear them sing it's X-mas time in the forum!

swhitney
10-02-2008, 08:17 AM
OK OK OK

Are you pulling a "WalMart financial recovery program (scam)" here by bringing these out so early??? Maybe putting Christmas out early will allow Wall Street to recover????

actually, the timimg is right for projects and thank you for posting these patterns!!

fwharris
10-02-2008, 09:47 AM
Ike,

Thanks a bunch! Is this going to be a count down to Christmas post?

Old Cop
10-02-2008, 11:21 AM
Just wanted to say thanks for all the patterns.I have used them extensivly.Thanks again and an early Merry Christmas.

Digitalwoodshop
10-02-2008, 11:33 AM
Thanks IKE !!!

AL

Audie
10-02-2008, 01:12 PM
OMG! Thanks Ike! Wow, is Christmas really that close? I best get busy hammering out some Valentine's patterns!

***Where da heck does the time go?***

FiddlemakerMills
10-02-2008, 05:11 PM
Thanks Ike:)

fwharris
10-02-2008, 11:49 PM
Ike,

think I have said this before "thanks"! Just about getting more patterns in my "Ike" folder than I have in my regular pattern folder.

they all look great!

Ike
10-03-2008, 12:14 AM
Gosh:oops::oops: I never knew how much fun it was to make these patterns!! I did know sharing is priceless!

Ike

henry1
10-03-2008, 07:36 AM
Hey Ike were are you getting all these patterns is there a special software
or program for this lol ,man got to say got a great folder of yours
Henry:)

Digitalwoodshop
10-03-2008, 08:45 AM
Ike,

Thank YOU again !!!! We should start calling you "$ANTA"... Very nice $tuff....

Last year I cut Xmas Ornaments out of my scrap wood from the quilt and wine racks. I pushed them as a "China LEAD FREE" product that let the kids color and build Christmas Memories.... Did very well with scraps.... With the new 1.131 Cut out feature able to cut out on a sled with auto tabs this might be the answer to the growing pile of 4 inch cut offs from my "place on end" style of cutting....

Ike you are a GREAT ASSET to the Forum... THANK YOU !!!!

.ptn challenged,

AL

Last year Ken was "Mr. Santa" posting GREAT Christmas stuff and a few others too...

Thanks !!!!

twinpeaksenterprises, LLC
10-03-2008, 09:59 AM
Bah Hum Bug!!!!! Bad power supply!!!. Waiting on parts.. Thanks Ike and others, nice patterns. It'll be the best christmas ever!!!! haha.. Think ill try to
make some stocking patterns. Those would look good.. Thanks again. matt

oldjoe
10-03-2008, 11:20 AM
Thanks Ike for all your hard work on those patterns and to give them away WOW! Can't wait to start carving them.
Take care

AWoodsmith
10-03-2008, 03:32 PM
Folks I am pretty new here, but I think I have downloaded just about every pattern you all have posted. You all are reat and I will post some pics of my projects soon.

Ed :D

Bubbabear
10-03-2008, 05:40 PM
I want to get the I think it was like 3 or 4 piece christmas wreath I remember was here last year. I think it was posted for sale but was a real good price.

atauer
10-03-2008, 05:55 PM
If i remember correctly, MTyler was the one who had that available. Mike, you still got it up for sale?

Fremont Paul
10-03-2008, 07:21 PM
Hi Ike,

Thank you for making those patterns available.

The first ones (angels and some others) I had no problem moving them into my library. Now all of a sudden when I click on the link (.ptn) a blank screen pops up. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again.

Paul Bleignier

Ike
10-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Hi Ike,

Thank you for making those patterns available.

The first ones (angels and some others) I had no problem moving them into my library. Now all of a sudden when I click on the link (.ptn) a blank screen pops up. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again.

Paul Bleignier

Paul, I checked the patterns and no problem here. Not sure why you are having trouble. Anyone else having this issue?

Ike

Ike
10-03-2008, 08:25 PM
Ike,

Thank YOU again !!!! We should start calling you "$ANTA"... Very nice $tuff....

Last year I cut Xmas Ornaments out of my scrap wood from the quilt and wine racks. I pushed them as a "China LEAD FREE" product that let the kids color and build Christmas Memories.... Did very well with scraps.... With the new 1.131 Cut out feature able to cut out on a sled with auto tabs this might be the answer to the growing pile of 4 inch cut offs from my "place on end" style of cutting....

Ike you are a GREAT ASSET to the Forum... THANK YOU !!!!

.ptn challenged,

AL

Last year Ken was "Mr. Santa" posting GREAT Christmas stuff and a few others too...

Thanks !!!!

HO HO!!!! Around this time of year I get fat enough to be Santa!!! All that food and pie, mmmmm pie!

Henry, I am just using Corel and clipart to make the patterns. I love making them and being able to help others. That is what is so great, being able to share. Every time I have needed a pattern others have came through!

Ike

andes
10-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Ike and Oliver,

For some reason, the last ptn's you posted would not come up; did anyone else have a problem?

mtylerfl
10-03-2008, 10:06 PM
If i remember correctly, MTyler was the one who had that available. Mike, you still got it up for sale?

Yes, the wreath is available at the CarveBuddy site:

http://www.carvebuddy.com/christmas.html

Complete Project "Kit" !
Description: WreathKit_1 - A full-size (17" diameter) all-wood Classy Christmas Wreath! The kit includes four .mpc project files (not individual patterns). We've done all the hard work laying out the six pieces that makeup the project. This will make a truly 'classy' addition to your home entry door this holiday season! FREE detailed instructions may be viewed and downloaded by clicking here. (http://www.carvebuddy.com/PDFs/ChristmasWreathTutorial.pdf)
Project Name #WreathKit_1
Final Project Dimensions: 17" dia. x 1.25" to 1.75" thick (incl. bow)
Price: $ 20.00

Ike
10-03-2008, 10:34 PM
Ike and Oliver,

For some reason, the last ptn's you posted would not come up; did anyone else have a problem?

Andes, thanks for telling me about the patterns. Very strange, I checked them every time I post them. Must be gremlins again not wanting to share!

Try it again:)

Ike

Ike
10-03-2008, 10:41 PM

Complete Project "Kit" !
Description: WreathKit_1 - A full-size (17" diameter) all-wood Classy Christmas Wreath! The kit includes four .mpc project files (not individual patterns). We've done all the hard work laying out the six pieces that makeup the project. This will make a truly 'classy' addition to your home entry door this holiday season! FREE detailed instructions may be viewed and downloaded by clicking here. (http://www.carvebuddy.com/PDFs/ChristmasWreathTutorial.pdf)

Thank you my friend for posting the wreath! I love it, glad somebody asked about it!

Ike

bigdoge99
10-03-2008, 11:26 PM
Ike, and people having problems with downloads... I don't know the solution, but I wanted to add some additional info because I have the same problem, sometimes. For instance, on this particular thread, I was able to download the entire first page and half of the second page of attached ptn's. When I could download the ptn's, I always right click and use the "save as" selection. Now it defaults to whatever the title of the document is when posted. I have no problems when this occurs. However, I right click and still use the "save as" function, and it tried to save the rest of the ptn's as a gif file, and it always defaults to the name "clear". Obviously this isn't the name of the posted ptn's. I get around fairly easy on the computer, but am no geek or expert by any means. Seemed to me at first that it may have to do with the site the uploaded files are stored on, but then why wouldn't that affect everyone's computer (I don't know) I have tried to change the file type back to ptn, but the only choice I have besides the gif file is "All Files". Usually All Files only comes up as a choice when you are opening a document, certainly not when saving one. Maybe someone with more computer expertise than me can use what I posted here to help fix this problem. I'm using Windows XP on this computer, and I have automatic updates on.

Ike
10-03-2008, 11:35 PM
Ike, and people having problems with downloads... I don't know the solution, but I wanted to add some additional info because I have the same problem, sometimes. For instance, on this particular thread, I was able to download the entire first page and half of the second page of attached ptn's. When I could download the ptn's, I always right click and use the "save as" selection. Now it defaults to whatever the title of the document is when posted. I have no problems when this occurs. However, I right click and still use the "save as" function, and it tried to save the rest of the ptn's as a gif file, and it always defaults to the name "clear". Obviously this isn't the name of the posted ptn's. I get around fairly easy on the computer, but am no geek or expert by any means. Seemed to me at first that it may have to do with the site the uploaded files are stored on, but then why wouldn't that affect everyone's computer (I don't know) I have tried to change the file type back to ptn, but the only choice I have besides the gif file is "All Files". Usually All Files only comes up as a choice when you are opening a document, certainly not when saving one. Maybe someone with more computer expertise than me can use what I posted here to help fix this problem. I'm using Windows XP on this computer, and I have automatic updates on.

First time this has happened to me. I always just double click the ptn and it automatically opens in the designer's import image file. Then I save it in my favorites.

Thanks for your input, still must be gremlins!!!

Ike

Oliver Lande
10-04-2008, 06:18 AM
While problems are usually of my own creation I'm not sure this one is. I think this is happening because Carvewright is changing servers. I'l try again in a couple of days and see what happens.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Bubbabear
10-04-2008, 07:30 AM

Complete Project "Kit" !

Now that is a pice that caught my eye and has been a permnantly burnt in since the minute I saw it. Man I love that piece

SAA3840
10-08-2008, 01:03 AM
Mtylerfl, I bought the kit for the wreath and have completed two of the four carves required. I made no changes to anything, just uploaded the files to my memory card, fired up the machine and went for it.
So far everything's fine, I just have one question though. Why didn't you make a cut-path around the pieces? Seems as how it would save some scroll-saw work later. (Or jig saw).

Just wondering, and by the way, my wife loves the wreath. She can't wait til it's done.

mtylerfl
10-08-2008, 08:20 AM
Mtylerfl, I bought the kit for the wreath and have completed two of the four carves required. I made no changes to anything, just uploaded the files to my memory card, fired up the machine and went for it.
So far everything's fine, I just have one question though. Why didn't you make a cut-path around the pieces? Seems as how it would save some scroll-saw work later. (Or jig saw).

Just wondering, and by the way, my wife loves the wreath. She can't wait til it's done.

Hello,

Thank you very much. Happy to hear you are enjoying the wreath project!

I am a bit confused regarding your question though. There are cut paths around every item, and they will all be automatically cut out by the machine. Are you not seeing the cut paths on your Designer screen???

leesheridan
10-08-2008, 09:42 AM
If any one is thinking of buying the wreath, then it's the best $20.00 bucks you could spend! The only thing I have done to change it was to add pine cones.

mtylerfl
10-08-2008, 04:14 PM
If any one is thinking of buying the wreath, then it's the best $20.00 bucks you could spend! The only thing I have done to change it was to add pine cones.

Wow - Fantastic job! I enjoy seeing the various "custom jobs" like your version with the addition of the pine cones!

Amonaug
10-08-2008, 05:47 PM

I might have to try that.

Not sure it would make any sales as I would have to sell it for a pretty hefty price with all the work put into it but it'd certainly look nice on MY house. :D

Ike
10-10-2008, 10:45 PM
In case you are looking for the X-mas patterns, they have been moved to pattern sharing gallery.

Ike

SAA3840
10-12-2008, 11:49 PM
Hello,

Thank you very much. Happy to hear you are enjoying the wreath project!

I am a bit confused regarding your question though. There are cut paths around every item, and they will all be automatically cut out by the machine. Are you not seeing the cut paths on your Designer screen???

I didn't check to see if there were cut-paths when I set up the carves.I did the download, then uploaded the files to my memory card without checking anything. I then put the memory card in the machine and loaded the boards, just as suggested in the PDF instructions I downloaded, loaded up the cutting bit when the machine asked for it (while measuring the board) and then loaded the carve bit for measuring and the machine took off. After it carved the wreath pattern (carving only the pattern with the 1/16 carve bit) the machine didn't ask for the cutting bit, it went back to the menu. I couldn't figure out why it didn't ask for the cutting bit to make a cut path. So I removed the board and cut the piece out the rest of the way with my scroll saw. And that's where I have my problem, the top pieces do not fit in the bottom pieces.
Now that I've gone back and checked the mpc files and seen the cut paths, I intend to re-carve all the pieces and see if my machine will ask for the cutting bit to make a cut path. I'm using pine so I'm not out a whole lot of money for the wood. I'll get back to you with the results. My guess is it's operator error again. :confused: :confused:

mtylerfl
10-13-2008, 09:40 AM
Hello,

Thank you for the feedback.

Please make sure you do not alter the mpc's in any way, and that the boards you put into the machine are the correct sizes as specified in the instructions. That should yield a smooth running project for you.

Let us know how you make out!

SAA3840
10-13-2008, 10:57 PM
I've recarved one of the top pieces and this time there was no operator error. The piece came out just fine, held in place by the tabs in the cut-path. I'll be running the other top piece tomorrow, too late now to be making noise in the garage, and I don't expect any problems. I shouldn't have to recarve the bottom pieces as they don't have to fit into anything.
Oh, and the bow turned out perfect, even with operator error, but since it doesn't have to fit into anything either, I won't be having any problems with that.
As to why the machine didn't ask for the cutting bit when it finished carving, I can only guess that while the machine was waiting for the bit change, we may have had a voltage dip that caused the machine to think it had been unplugged.
Thanks.
Mike Schnitzius :)