PDA

View Full Version : Answer I got on Sears repair

cestout
10-01-2008, 10:55 PM
I spent several hours on the phone in the last 2 days trying to get the correct procedure to get out CC machine's fixed. For those who don't want the long story, I will tell the answer first then tell the convoluted way I got it. For Sears maint. agreement repairs call 800-573-1226 or 713-473-6545.

Now how I got there. I started with the regular 800 repair number, they could not comprehend that repair will not fix this machine, so I finally ended up at national customer service. I finally got her to understand the problem and she was going to forward the complaint to corporate, but I did get the number for corporate from her. The next day(today) I called Sears Holding corporate office. After several transfers I got to a higher level of customer service. She looked up my records and told me that I should take my machine to the San Bernadino repair center. I sad that I had tried that and they will not take them because they don't fix them. She said I will call them, came back and said that they send them on to Fontana (where the race track is). I got the number for Fontana from someone in India and called them. I asked her "If I bring my CompuCarve in there for repair, what would you do?" She replied "Return it unrepaired." then I asked how I get my agreement honored and she gave me those numbers. I told her of our problem - that no one in Sears repair nationwide is aware of this and you (Sears) are getting a bad reputation. She said that she would bring it up at their meetings and try to escalate it. In the mean time I got this address from corporate:
Sears
attn Do Read
3333Beverly Rd.
Hoffman Estates, IL 60179.
If we all write to them, they may pay attention. Their repair center employees need to be educated!

Jeff_Birt
10-02-2008, 08:05 AM
Their repair center employees need to be educated!

Yes, I agree. It's sad, they have a repair center in Springfield, MO. I've bought several refurbished tools from them and they always do a good job. But, the CompuCarve is much more complicated than a table saw or planer. IF they provided some training to their folks I'm sure they could do a good job on this machine as well.

jerrbitt
10-02-2008, 07:12 PM
I spent several hours on the phone in the last 2 days trying to get the correct procedure to get out CC machine's fixed. For those who don't want the long story, I will tell the answer first then tell the convoluted way I got it. For Sears maint. agreement repairs call 800-573-1226 or 713-473-6545.

Now how I got there. I started with the regular 800 repair number, they could not comprehend that repair will not fix this machine, so I finally ended up at national customer service. I finally got her to understand the problem and she was going to forward the complaint to corporate, but I did get the number for corporate from her. The next day(today) I called Sears Holding corporate office. After several transfers I got to a higher level of customer service. She looked up my records and told me that I should take my machine to the San Bernadino repair center. I sad that I had tried that and they will not take them because they don't fix them. She said I will call them, came back and said that they send them on to Fontana (where the race track is). I got the number for Fontana from someone in India and called them. I asked her "If I bring my CompuCarve in there for repair, what would you do?" She replied "Return it unrepaired." then I asked how I get my agreement honored and she gave me those numbers. I told her of our problem - that no one in Sears repair nationwide is aware of this and you (Sears) are getting a bad reputation. She said that she would bring it up at their meetings and try to escalate it. In the mean time I got this address from corporate:
Sears
attn Do Read
3333Beverly Rd.
Hoffman Estates, IL 60179.
If we all write to them, they may pay attention. Their repair center employees need to be educated!

I've got about 120 hours to go before my 200 hour warranty expires so I do have a vested interest in Sears warranty srevice since I did buy my machine with it.

I will follow up with a letter like you suggested. Hopefully, they get it all ironed out before I (hopefully not) need to have mine serviced.

AskBud
10-02-2008, 10:22 PM
As far as i know, the only Sear's center that repairs the CC is in Garland Texas (about 230 miles from LHR).

You should be able to drop your unit off at any Sear's store that has a Repair-Drop-Off department (Merchandise Pick up). Just direct them to ship it to Garland Texas.

At least one person, at Garland, has had some training (supposedly, from LHR people). I'm not saying that they do a stellar job at the present time. However they are the repair group involved.
AskBud

Semper Fi
10-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Bud is right. Sears in Texas is the only repair site for the Compucarve. I know because I've been dealing with them since March. And I use the term "repair site" very loosely!!!!! Also you take the machine to any repair drop off site store. On the Sears website they are listed.