PDA

View Full Version : Selecting bits in software

Carvingshark
10-01-2008, 04:29 PM
How is the tapered carving bit selected or added to the list of available bits?

How is this bit selected for a pattern (such as an image) that has been imported?

Under "select bit" i've got a bunch of bits listed there except the fine pointed one.

thanks

Amonaug
10-01-2008, 05:20 PM
You don't have to select any bit for a carving. The 1/16" carving is automatically selected. Same for cut paths the 1/8" cutting bit is automatically selected.

You only select bits for paths, text and routing unless you want to try something special.

Kenm810
10-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Carvingshark,

First off -- Welcome to the CW Forum

In most cases the Tapered Carving Bit is the Default Bit assigned by your machine for the graphic pattern you are carving,
Your machine will prompt you to load it at the carving, the other bit are specialty bits for cutting, edging, and the like.
Your Owners Manual describes what each is used for and how.

Carvingshark
10-02-2008, 02:45 PM
OK that makes some sense - I see the machine prompts for bit loading.

We are just working through some small parts at the moment.

Thank you

mtylerfl
10-02-2008, 03:45 PM
OK that makes some sense - I see the machine prompts for bit loading.

We are just working through some small parts at the moment.

Thank you

Hello Carvingshark,

Please download and read the free Tips & Tricks newsletters. In particular, the Dec '07 and the Jan '08 issues.

The December issue teaches you the basics of how to properly operate your machine (plus the lowdown on the bits, their function, assignments, etc.) This issue is a "must read" for anyone who owns a machine. Helps you avoid the most common "pilot errors" that can lead to wasted time and wood.

The January issue teaches you how to properly maintain and lube your machine.

You can download any or all of the Tips & Tricks by clicking the link below my signature.

All the Best to You and Welcome to the Forum!