PDA

View Full Version : Proud Father Gloat

Router-Jim
09-30-2008, 05:06 PM
My oldest son got his teaching degree this spring from the U of Minn. After his student teaching he will be teaching Technology Education. That's the new term for Industrial Arts or Shop Class. :rolleyes:

Today he called me and said that his supervisory teacher handed him a brochure and told him he should learn how to run this machine because the school was obtaining one this spring and it was the way of the future. It was a CarveWright brouchure. :D

My son told the fellow that his Dad has one of those machines and that he has helped him design and build a guitar body with it.

Anyway I'm feeling proud today.

Jim

dchris4691
09-30-2008, 05:16 PM
as you should jim as you should..

Audie
09-30-2008, 05:18 PM
Awesome Jim! You should be very proud and deserve to gloat!!!

Audie

DrBob
09-30-2008, 05:20 PM
Very cool!!
Bob

Jvicaretti
09-30-2008, 05:21 PM
You deserve to be very proud!

atauer
09-30-2008, 05:26 PM
Jim,

That's news that every wood worker loves to hear. My dad wasn't really into woodworking, (more of a car man), but my great uncle was. He built beautiful furniture and clocks while he was still around. I'm sure that if he was still here, he would love to hear news like that, especially from his grandkids.

Great news Jim.

Router-Jim
09-30-2008, 05:40 PM
Thanks everyone! :cool:

While the trend over the last decade was for school districts to cut shop classes. My son told me awhile ago that at least in Minn that studies have shown that the students in schools with shop classes were scoring much higher in the national tests which of course are tied to federal aid. They contribute this to students being more interested in school. In the last three years in the Minneapolis area there has been a scramble to actually add shop classes and there are 3 openings in the district that he is student teaching. So the job market looks very good for him. :cool: