PDA

View Full Version : looking for someone in the Lemont Illinois area that owns a compucarve

jburklow
09-30-2008, 08:16 AM
Hello i'm new to the forum. I am thinking about buying one of the machines but am hesitant to cough up $1800 bucks. I make a fair amount of wodden boxes and would like to add carved tops. Is there someone in the forum that is in the Lemont IL area that i might be able to work with to test a few boxes. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Best regards,
Jeff

eromran
09-30-2008, 08:36 AM
Hello i'm new to the forum. I am thinking about buying one of the machines but am hesitant to cough up $1800 bucks. I make a fair amount of wodden boxes and would like to add carved tops. Is there someone in the forum that is in the Lemont IL area that i might be able to work with to test a few boxes. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Best regards,
JeffFirst welcome to forum. Can't speak for everyone but i bet the majority of people on here were reluctant to put out that kind off money at first. Once you see what is possible at least for me i got over it quickly. You should be able to make some fantastic looking boxes just look on this forum and see what others have done. Maybe you might want to download the software a see what it can do its free to start. Also go to the pattern sharing library or Gallery on this forum to see a lot of what others are doing. Hope this helps.

LittleRedWoodshop
09-30-2008, 09:14 AM
Just sent you a private message (please read).

Take a minute to check out www.CncArtGuild.com (http://www.cncartguild.com/) there you will find people that own machines (listed by location). There may be someone in your area...