PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Forum Viewing problem

Router-Jim
09-29-2008, 03:01 PM
Earlier today I opened a eps file and in the process I think it changed my defaults or something. Now when I view the forum I cannot view the thumb views or open the ptn files.
When I click on a ptn file my Designer program use to come up and open the ptn. Now it doesn't. Any ideas on how to get my computor back to the way it was?

Thanks in advance,

Jim

eromran
09-29-2008, 05:25 PM
Earlier today I opened a eps file and in the process I think it changed my defaults or something. Now when I view the forum I cannot view the thumb views or open the ptn files.
When I click on a ptn file my Designer program use to come up and open the ptn. Now it doesn't. Any ideas on how to get my computor back to the way it was?

Thanks in advance,

JimI think it may be the forum itself i am having same problem.

Jeff_Birt
09-29-2008, 05:32 PM
eroman, the problem has nothing to do with the forum :). It's a case of what ever program he was using to view an EPS file mucking up his file type associations.:confused:

It can be fixed manually by going to My Computer->Tools->Folder Options->File Types. Look down through each file type (like .ptn) and associate it with the Designer program (gui.exe).

Or the easy way - reinstall Designer over top your current install. That should change all the associations back.

Kenm810
09-29-2008, 05:54 PM
I'm not sure what the problem might be,
earlier today I logged onto the forum and all was normal,
I just logged in again 15 minutes ago and can not upload any graphics files or MPC files.
Also I can not see anyones Attachments, I didn't changing any settings at all.
Just wondering

Ken Massingale
09-29-2008, 06:18 PM
I haven't been able to open attachments since the server change. I get a new blank page instead of the Open Save Dialog box.

Gary Koval
09-29-2008, 06:29 PM
Jeff checked as you said " My Computer->Tools->Folder Options->File Types. Look down through each file type (like .ptn) and associate it with the Designer program (gui.exe)", and mine is set the way it should be, maybe LHR is having a problem!?! I did not reload "Designer" however.
Gary

skeeterman
09-29-2008, 07:07 PM
I have been having all kinds of problems trying to get on forum, somtimes i can sometimes not.
I am of course on here now . but tried to download some of the new pdf. files on troublshooting and only get blank page when i click on them.??????

WHATS UP?????????

Jeff_Birt
09-29-2008, 09:03 PM
Sorry everyone, I misread the OP's post ;)

Let's give CW a few days to get things sorted out...

pkunk
09-29-2008, 09:20 PM
It is a forum problem, and I'm sure that LHR will get it ironed out.:)

Tom75
09-29-2008, 09:30 PM
i whent on to the pattern store to get two patterns one of a guy golfer and one of a lady golfer to make a house sighn for my auint and the pics did not show just a box with a red x in it . iwill weight a few days and try again . so it sounds like we all are having the same prob. but the maine thing is that all at LHR are all right

badger
09-29-2008, 09:41 PM
They are having same problems. As Jeff stated give them a couple days to get the new servers ironed out and working again.

Router-Jim
09-30-2008, 05:54 PM
Thanks everyone. I guess it was just a forum issue after all that must have gotten fixed. I can view the thumbnail pictures now and the ptn. files open just like before.

Tom75
09-30-2008, 07:41 PM
the pattern store and the web site are the same way can not see pics of patterns . it will take some time to get the new server iernd out. all have a good night

Jeff_Birt
10-02-2008, 03:58 PM
The little glitches you might see on the main CW sight stem from the server change as well. As I understand it everything is working but you might see a notice about a certificate not matching. That should be taken care of in a few days.

mtylerfl
10-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Seems that the store is working fine now - at least it is at my end.

(I was told the Vedor Panel is back up too.)

jspringertx
10-02-2008, 05:10 PM
i whent on to the pattern store to get two patterns one of a guy golfer and one of a lady golfer to make a house sighn for my auint and the pics did not show just a box with a red x in it . iwill weight a few days and try again . so it sounds like we all are having the same prob. but the maine thing is that all at LHR are all right

I talked to Omar and he indicated that they were having problems with the server and you may have problems. The security identity was screwed up and it didn't recognize my activation code.

They will fix the problem.