PDA

View Full Version : Designer 1.131 Tips & Tricks!

mtylerfl
09-29-2008, 11:09 AM
Hello,

The Issue 12, September 2008 Tips & Tricks entitled "Designer 1.131 New Feature Highlights" has just been completed. All of you who have already signed up via the "Join Our Mailing List" at the CarveWright Homepage (http://www.carvewright.com) should be receiving it in your emails very soon. (If you've never signed up, please do so - you stand to miss an awful lot if you're not on the email list!)

This issue came out a bit late due in part to the hurricane Ike situation which, as you know, delayed the official release of the 1.131 update. (I had to wait to be sure all the new features I needed to write about were actually going to make it in this version - happily, they did!).

If you just can't wait to get it in your email box to read it, I do have it posted on the CarveBuddy Learning Center webpage and you can download your copy immediately http://www.carvebuddy.com/learning_center.html

Learn about the great new Cut Out Control window and the cool new "hidden feature" that is included in this version of Designer!

Audie
09-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Thank you Michael!

Amonaug
09-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Just a note that wasn't mentioned in the article (BTW great article :) )

On vector paths and assigning a bit to carve the path, the max depth per pass cannot be greater than the depth you set for the path.

Kind of obvious but similar to you can't set it to deeper than the thickness of the board.

Digitalwoodshop
09-29-2008, 01:00 PM
Excellent changes, Great Write up.

Tried to download it a few times today with no luck. Called as some of the system is down so I will try another day.

AL

TerryT
09-29-2008, 05:40 PM
Michael,
Thanks for the article. This new version is really HOT! I like the Make Pattern feature and the best is the cut path control.

mtylerfl
09-29-2008, 07:06 PM
Michael,
Thanks for the article. This new version is really HOT! I like the Make Pattern feature and the best is the cut path control.

Thank you all for the nice comments on the new Tips & Tricks.

Yes, the 1.131 update is certainly a great one! I agree that the new Cut Out Control is a SUPER feature! We can do so much more now that we have that kind of control.

I also can't wait to see what folks will come up with using the new Make Pattern feature too!