PDA

View Full Version : Logging in to the Forum

Digitalwoodshop
09-27-2008, 08:30 AM
Logging on the Forum. Got this message this morning trying to log on the Forum with my saved link. From the CarveWright site and selecting forums I go it. Interesting....

AL

pkunk
09-27-2008, 08:40 AM
Al, somehow, the link was changed to forum.carvewright from carvewright/forum. :confused: I had to change my bookmark as well.:)

Reset
09-27-2008, 09:44 AM
Last evening, the site was unavailable for a short time because they were moving it to a different server. All appears to have gone smoothly, but the change of servers is probably why the old bookmarks no longer work. :)

If that is the ONLY change that happened due to changing servers...it is a good thing...

Tommy :)

SharonB
09-27-2008, 11:10 PM
I too had the problem with signing in to "carvewright/forum." Will try the new "forum.carvewright." My question now is....does any one else have the problem of not being able to open any of the attachments? This problem has developed only in the last two days...evidently due to the new server. Hope the problem is fixed as I miss not being able to view what others have done. SharonB

IM2HAPPI
09-28-2008, 03:06 AM
I couldnt get on with my link so went to carvewright and it opened. I cannot open attachments either ; ( Imnot2happi
Barb

henry1
09-28-2008, 06:51 AM
Had to go to carvewright patterns and go to forum from there hope the problem is fix some time soon lol ;)

Bubbabear
09-28-2008, 07:01 AM
The attachments have been in and out ever since they started playing with the forums Friday night

DrBob
09-28-2008, 07:12 AM
I haven't had any problems this morning with the logging in or opening attachments, all works like normal for me.
Bob

Kenm810
09-28-2008, 07:54 AM
Hmmmm --- I didn't notice any any problems at all
My Pc must have ignored the change, everything was normal.

skeeterman
09-28-2008, 09:30 AM
I have had problems as well, thought it was my computer. kept getting a forbidden message saying i didnt have permission to access this sight. but now i can logon?

Amonaug
09-28-2008, 11:09 AM
I'm not sure what is going on but I keep getting I don't have permission to access /forum/index.php most of the times. Sometimes like now I can access it.

Bubbabear
09-28-2008, 12:19 PM
It could take a couple of days for those type messages to go away. Don't always happen this way when changeing servers and forum software. But it could have been a lot worse I have seen many loose all past post and everything gone bye bye

Bubbabear
09-29-2008, 07:56 PM
I see the forums are still mucked up. HUMmmm anutter mess you've gotten us in to Ollie. :p

byouboy
10-02-2008, 03:08 PM
yes i have one of these machines and wondering can i operate it with the card only? i have tried and it throws up erro do i have to have the softwear to work it or what? thanks everyone:(

Amonaug
10-02-2008, 03:53 PM
yes i have one of these machines and wondering can i operate it with the card only? i have tried and it throws up erro do i have to have the softwear to work it or what? thanks everyone:(

Not sure what this has to do with the topic of not logging into the forums.

But in order to upload and design projects to carve on the CW you need the software. The software doesn't cost anything (except the extras like pattern editor and centerline text) but you need a vaild serial number for the machine in order to register it with LHR.

You can perform the basic rip/joint, cut, etc functions that are on the CW without the software.

mtylerfl
10-02-2008, 04:11 PM

Hello and Welcome,

You've got a lot of reading to do before you get near your machine!

First, read the manual thoughtfully and carefully - at least twice.

Second - make sure you have installed your Designer software that came on the CD with your machine. After you have installed it, click the "Help" and then click "Check for Updates" and download/install the latest version of Designer.

Third - download and read the Tips & Tricks Dec '07 and Jan '08 issues, before operating your machine. Those will help you have a pleasant, trouble-free experience and teach you the basic operation and maintainance of your new machine.

Fourth - start playing with the Designer software and get familiar with it. Be sure to refer to the software Help Contents for details of the software features and functions. (Also, download and read the newest Sept. '08 Tips & Tricks for new features just added a couple weeks ago in the most current version of Designer (ver. 1.131).