PDA

View Full Version : I have returned!

jspringertx
09-25-2008, 06:16 PM
It was 13 days ago that IKE hit the City of Houston and we just received power 30 minutes ago. Other than a few limbs from a large tree that almost broke our front window we made out okay.

I have a pile of trash in my front yard and a real mess with cables strung everywhere.

I bought a generator, but couldn't use my CompuCarve as it was too damn hot and dark in my garage.

I look forward to catching up on the latest news on the forum.

If anyone wants some oak (not dry) they are welcome to some really large stumps in my front yard. The would make some beautiful carvings if left dry for several years/

mtylerfl
09-25-2008, 06:24 PM
It was 13 days ago that IKE hit the City of Houston and we just received power 30 minutes ago. Other than a few limbs from a large tree that almost broke our front window we made out okay.

I have a pile of trash in my front yard and a real mess with cables strung everywhere.

I bought a generator, but couldn't use my CompuCarve as it was too damn hot and dark in my garage.

I look forward to catching up on the latest news on the forum.

If anyone wants some oak (not dry) they are welcome to some really large stumps in my front yard. The would make some beautiful carvings if left dry for several years/

Welcome back! Glad to hear your power is back on, too! Longest I've ever been without power was for 4 days in Florida after a tropical storm hit the area - of course that's nothing compared to what you folks have gone, and are going, through!

All the best.

beachman
09-25-2008, 07:17 PM
Glad to see your back,hope the rest of the folks down there get back to normal soon

www.go3d.us
09-25-2008, 07:24 PM
Welcome back. Glad to know there are no serious problems.
HT

Dan-Woodman
09-25-2008, 08:54 PM
What about the carving machine man!!!! Was she damaged, rained on, left all alone .
Details man details!!!! Was she glad to see you?
In other news we had a new update, to 1.131 check on it.
later Daniel

atauer
09-26-2008, 09:06 AM
jspringertx,

Good to hear that you are finally back in the carving business. Glad everything is ok in your neck of the woods. I was lucky too. I live pretty close to the coast, and I made it through without a scratch. Some of the areas around me weren't so lucky though. Can't wait to see some of your finished projects.

Rocky
09-27-2008, 05:08 AM
I was wondering how you fellow carvers in that area made out. I'm glad to see your feedback and happy to hear that it is generally positive.

jspringertx
09-30-2008, 11:41 PM
I am happy to report that my carving unit survived the power surge just fine. I checked it out today and it seems to be okay

I wish I could say the same about my TV, VCR, Laser printer, fax machine, UPS systems, and a dozen lightbulbs. The insurance adjuster said that it wasn't covered by insurance as it was not caused by lightning...just stupidity of the power company.

brdad
10-01-2008, 05:30 AM
I am happy to report that my carving unit survived the power surge just fine. I checked it out today and it seems to be okay

I wish I could say the same about my TV, VCR, Laser printer, fax machine, UPS systems, and a dozen lightbulbs. The insurance adjuster said that it wasn't covered by insurance as it was not caused by lightning...just stupidity of the power company.

You should contact the power company, there is a chance they will pay depending on the circumstances. Have seen them pay up here before when they have dropped lines onto other lines or otherwise hooked things up incorrectly. Several years ago they dropped a high tension line across the wires to my aunt's house and had to replace all the wiring and nearly every electrical thing in the house.

jspringertx
10-01-2008, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the information.

Bubbabear
10-01-2008, 07:53 AM
You should contact the power company, there is a chance they will pay depending on the circumstances. Have seen them pay up here before when they have dropped lines onto other lines or otherwise hooked things up incorrectly. Several years ago they dropped a high tension line across the wires to my aunt's house and had to replace all the wiring and nearly every electrical thing in the house.

Around here if it is something they physically did to cause the surge they pay it and go on. It is cheaper than court

jspringertx
10-01-2008, 02:24 PM
I have contacted both Reliant and CenerPoint regarding my problem. So far, no response, but they have their plates full with the power outages.