PDA

View Full Version : Where do you suggest I buy a new machine?

TurtleCove
09-23-2008, 10:08 PM
I'm ready to purchase.
I want an extended warranty, extra bits, and the scanning probe.

Can I buy thru my local sears? I'm in northern IL, and every sears I look at online, says "out of stock". Has Sears killed it? Can I only buy it thru Carvewright now?

supershingler
09-23-2008, 10:12 PM
i bought my machine from little red woodshop. jason did a great job and will answer any questions that you have also.

the extended warranty from sears sound like a joke to me
if you do a search on extended warranty you can read up on what others have experienced

welcome to the forum

look like another future carvaholic in the making

good luck

kendall

TurtleCove
09-23-2008, 10:28 PM
On Amazon, I'm seeing $1699, and no freebies...
Let me know gang, if you know of a lower cost outlet.

I've done my reading up here on those that bought from Sears, and that's they way I'd prefer to go...but I'm getting the impression that Sears no longer sells them. Just wondering if anyone can confirm.

TurtleCove
09-23-2008, 10:55 PM
When I go to Sears online, to place the order, I indeed see the option for a 3 year and 5 year extended warranty...so it appears to still be offered. It's just that they have zero in stock. And this holds true for every Sears within a 200 mile radius....thus my worry that Sears has quit selling them.

fwharris
09-23-2008, 10:56 PM
The Sears site lists the reconditioned machine for $1300.00 but it only has a 6 month warranty. New ones are $1805 but out of stock. They do show the extended warranty as an option on the new units.

Littleredwoodshop is located in IL fyi....

TurtleCove
09-23-2008, 11:27 PM
Ike, my questions are time sensitive. Company policies change. Rebates, specials, and freebies can change day to day.....so, I realize my questions have been discussed before, but sales polices change all the time, and I'm curious where people have found their recent "best deals". I'm not even sure why I'm pointing this out to you, Ike, as it's so obvious. Is there a thread titled "Current best deal on the CarveWright" that I'm missing?

I've done my reading up here. Some posts say that buying the extended warranty was a waste of time and money. Other posts say it was the best money they could have spent, as they got a new machine on extended warranty in 3 days.

Sears may not allow me to select an extended warranty, but that hasn't been confirmed yet, as all the Sears in my area seem to be out of stuck, so I can't add the warranty to my cart. They may allow me to purchase it...they may not. Based on my research, I'd like to buy it, if it's still offered.

In my digging up here, I haven't seen a post stating Sears no longer sells it...even tho my initial research supports that, so I'm wondering if there's any NEW information out there in this regard.

liquidguitars
09-24-2008, 12:45 AM
bought my machine from little red woodshop. jason did a great job and will answer any questions that you have also.

Jason "red woodshop" seems to run good deals from time to time..

LG

TurtleCove
09-24-2008, 12:54 AM
Thanks Liquid...I'll check them out. Since they're in my state, that may help.

jcorder
09-24-2008, 06:19 AM
I bought mine through Amazon, got what I thought was a good deal and super fast shipping. Then I joined this forum and seen what lilred had to offer and wish I had come here first. I think his willingness to help and his excitement for the machine speak volumes about his knowledge with it and from what I have seen, his prices are outstanding. Wish I had come to the forum first before purchase.

Thanks Liquid...I'll check them out. Since they're in my state, that may help.

forqnc
09-24-2008, 08:00 AM
Turtlecove, I bought my machine through Sears in Feb 2007 with no extended warranty. It went back to LHR (Not Sears) 3 times under warranty. I now have almost 160 hours on the machine. In my opinion, anything you have read about Sears extended warranty being a good buy, must have been written by people who have not tried to use it. Do a search for forum member 'Semper Fi', Sears have had his machine since March (he got the extended warranty) and still have not solved his issues.
I love my machine, I have had my problems with it parts wise and operator (me) error.
Jason 'Redwoodshop' from all I have read has been outstanding in his during/after sale cutomer support. Sears from all I have read have NOT.
So while I understand it is an expensive tool to add to the workshop, getting a good deal is one thing, but how will the after sale support be? and is it worth an extra couple of dollars to have.

Good Luck with your purchase and we look forward to seeing pictures of your carvings.

mtylerfl
09-24-2008, 08:13 AM
On Amazon, I'm seeing $1699, and no freebies...
Let me know gang, if you know of a lower cost outlet.

I've done my reading up here on those that bought from Sears, and that's they way I'd prefer to go...but I'm getting the impression that Sears no longer sells them. Just wondering if anyone can confirm.

Hello,

I met the Sears Buyer (Diana) at the IWF Show in Atlanta last month. She is a very nice lady and it was my understanding that she had placed a large order for the CompuCarve units. I do not know any details beyond that, but it seems that Sears is still going to be one of the largest retailers of the machines.

I also met the Canadian Buyer (Sam from Triton) and as you probably already know, they too placed their orders are selling the machines. (If I recall, they had sold out of their initial order almost immediately.)

Soon, Lowes will be selling the machines as well, the WoodCraft stores sell them too, along with a host of small independent dealers, plus you can always order a machine direct from CarveWright.

EDIT: I wanted to add something regarding sales support...I bought both my machines from Sears and never, ever expected them to be "my support group". I always went straight to the source - the manufacturer, when I had questions. Then, when I discovered this User Forum, I used it as my first source of info, calling CarveWright only when I didn't find an answer. In a way, it almost doesn't matter where you buy a machine - support is always readily available.

LittleRedWoodshop
09-24-2008, 12:48 PM
"Get It All" for $2299.99 + FREE S+H ... You get The CarveWright Woodworking System, The Scanning Probe and the Full Bit Set.

Buy CarveWright or accessories now ... visit The LRW Store (http://www.littleredwoodshop.com/387701/index.html) right now. If you have any questions feel free to give me a call.

Thank you to everyone for the vote of confidence.

TurtleCove
09-24-2008, 09:29 PM
Thanks for all the help, gang.
I've decided to buy from Jason, and will do so tomrrow.
My deciding factor was that I wanted a place I could call, and talk to someone for trouble shooting help when (not "if") I run into machine problems...and I think that leaves Jason standing alone.

mtylerfl
09-24-2008, 09:38 PM
Jason is a fantastic guy and has a great deal on the machines. You'll enjoy working with him I'm sure!

SandBuoy
09-25-2008, 12:46 AM
TurtleCove, I bought my machine from Sears and also rely on LHR and the great people on this forum for support. I did get the 5 years warranty from Sears because I felt it would be a good investment. Parts aren't cheap for this machine or shipping it back and worth for repairs when its out of the original warranty is about $70 one way.

I have been tagging along with all the problems people are having with Sears Tech repair shop. I been hoping that by the time my machine was out of the 200 hour/1 year warranty they would have their stuff together and the bugs worked out. Doesn't sound like thats going to happen any time soon. So I am thinking of just getting my money back on the 5 year warranty plan.

The other problem you will have buying from Sears is no support. So when that machine break down or you need an answer whats the next best thing? Either coming on here and searching threw the forum or giving the staff you bought it from a call for help that knows what their talking about.

LRW (Jason) will fill about all your needs at about the same price as amazon, sears or Lowes. He stocks all the parts you will need and can help you with about anything you need to know about the machine. He's a straight shooter and wealth info.