PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Sweet

FROZENKNUCKLES
09-22-2008, 09:50 PM
okay so I broke the machine out of its box cocoon that is has been in for the past week , and I have to say truly a remarkable machine .my first project was a sign showing the hours of operation for my wife’s flower shop. there were a few tear out spots but allot better then If I had tried to do it free hand with a dremel. plus I was using lyptus. not a easy wood to work with. now I just need to build a jig and try to stick logos on my calls. cant wait to get deeper into it.
jc
rise together calls:-D

Audie
09-23-2008, 10:19 AM
Hey JC,

Just a recommendation but if you plan on doing many signs I highly encourage you to consider purchasing Centerline. My signs and plaque quality has increased to the point of customer amazement and has increased my orders. I get virtually no chip out with Centerline. Have fun carving!

Audie

twinpeaksenterprises, LLC
09-23-2008, 11:23 AM
Yes Yes centerline was a great addition to my machine as well. I cant begin to explain how great a tool that is. I highly reccomend it. The text is crisp and clean and it makes for useing the "painted letters" technique easy. Good to hear your happy with your machine. Just experimentation with lettering techniques with both raster and centerline and you will come up with a combination of what the capabilities of different fonts, sizes, text spacing, etc. to be able to successfully make text signs and plaques. Happy Carving Matt.

Major_A
09-23-2008, 11:29 AM
there were a few tear out spots

Make sure you apply a Draft. This should solve a lot of those problems.

fwharris
09-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Frozenknuckles,

Believe me the fun is just begining! Do not forget to post your pictures of the projects. We all like to see the results!

Happy carving!

FROZENKNUCKLES
09-23-2008, 01:35 PM
is centerline something you need to purchase outside of the machine or included , plus I only have two bits thus far the cutting bit and a carving bit I used the carving bit, I also have one more question , I had a routered edge but it didn’t give me a chance to change out the bit , when I started the program it asked first which bit to use so I selected one of the ones I had and then I had to hit enter again so maybe im just not fluent with the machine yet but should I have selected another bit in the beginning or at the end of the carving section. Thanks for the help

fwharris
09-23-2008, 01:49 PM
is centerline something you need to purchase outside of the machine or included , plus I only have two bits thus far the cutting bit and a carving bit I used the carving bit, I also have one more question , I had a routered edge but it didn’t give me a chance to change out the bit , when I started the program it asked first which bit to use so I selected one of the ones I had and then I had to hit enter again so maybe im just not fluent with the machine yet but should I have selected another bit in the beginning or at the end of the carving section. Thanks for the help

Centerline is a add on to the software and can be purchased from the CW site. They will give you a license to activate which will unlock the code in the software. You will need the 60 and 90 degree bits in order to use it.

Since you only have the 2 stock bits that came with the CW you will not be able to do the routed edges. For the routed edges you designate the bit in designer when setting up the project. At the machine set up it will ask for the bit during the set up. Most likely since you did not designate an edge route bit when it got to that part of the carve it used the bit you told it to use.

You can buy the full bit set, edge route bits or the additional carve bits from Sears or CW.

FROZENKNUCKLES
09-23-2008, 02:46 PM
thanks ring neck , going to respond to your email tonight just have been busy working at my wifes shop and dorkin around in the garage, going out thsi weekend to help the club fix up there pits and wanted to have a descent amount of calls done just incase someone wants one. man cant wait for oct 4. thanks everyone