PDA

View Full Version : two questions

supershingler
09-22-2008, 08:47 PM
question #1
i there a way to center a pattern inside a carve region?

question # 2

im doing a mantel piece for our church and have a carve region with a surface text in it. i set up one side to the way i wanted it and did a copy horizantal to create a match on the other end of the board but when i save it the copied side changes. just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so how you solved the problem

any help is appreciated

kendall

forqnc
09-23-2008, 07:56 AM
If I understand you correctly,

question #1
i there a way to center a pattern inside a carve region?

On your Pattern, I highlighted it and centered it horizontally, the same as the carve region.

question # 2

im doing a mantel piece for our church and have a carve region with a surface text in it. i set up one side to the way i wanted it and did a copy horizantal to create a match on the other end of the board but when i save it the copied side changes. just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so how you solved the problem

I highlighted the good piece and mirrored horizontally, instead of copy.

Hope this is what you wanted.
Good Luck

supershingler
09-23-2008, 03:43 PM
i guess what i was wondering was if i have a more than one carve region on a project if software could autocenter a pattern within in the carve region if the carve region is not autocentered

as for mirroring the immage to make it the same on both side that is what i did but when i saved it and brought it up at a different time the surface went back to the default settings not the one that i had saved

kendall

Amonaug
09-23-2008, 06:55 PM
There is an align left/right/top/bottom but no center. Perhaps something to bring up in the wishlist for a later update.

mtylerfl
09-23-2008, 10:16 PM
Hello Kendall,

To center two items...(or more)

1) Select your two items (carve region and pattern), go to the Center function (right-click), then click on "Center Both"

2) Both, of course, will be centered on the board as well as centered with each other

3) Now, with the two items still selected, go back to your Center function and click "Center Both" again - that will remove the locked position to the center of the board, but the 2 items will remain centered with each other

4) With both items still selected, move them together whever you wish to place them on the board

Amonaug
09-23-2008, 11:40 PM
Good work around!

supershingler
09-24-2008, 03:05 PM
thanks all for the help

i will try that on my next project

kendall