PDA

View Full Version : Bit went down through the the wood.

waniac20
09-22-2008, 06:46 PM
bit went down through the wood, now the bit will not go up or down. please help...

rjusty
09-22-2008, 07:29 PM
Sounds like the same thing that happened to mine. For me it was a problem in the belts and gears that drive the Z-truck. Your machine is likely heading to Texas. You'll have to email support until the phones are back up. Things are taking a little longer, patience is a required.

Can you manually move the truck up to remove your wood?

brady.schwyhart
09-22-2008, 07:51 PM
Had the same problem with mine shortly after I first got it. I shut it down and pulled the plug, took the card out and put it back in the computer and wiped the card clean. Then reloaded my project, and put the card back in. Before plugging it in I made sure the Z truck moved up and down manually and even put a little bit of lube on the slides as well as side to side. I also took my air compressor and blew out every sensor. Don't know what part of that did the trick, but as soon as I plugged it back in an fired it up, she ran like a champ.

waniac20
09-22-2008, 08:19 PM
Sounds like the same thing that happened to mine. For me it was a problem in the belts and gears that drive the Z-truck. Your machine is likely heading to Texas. You'll have to email support until the phones are back up. Things are taking a little longer, patience is a required.

Can you manually move the truck up to remove your wood?

Thanks for your respond. yes I can manually move. and when Ihine on the truck belt moves but the truck only tries to move.

waniac20
09-22-2008, 08:21 PM
yes,but when I turn machine on belt moves but truck tries to move.

rjusty
09-22-2008, 08:27 PM
So, if you try to run the machine - you can see the Z-belt moving, but the truck doesn't follow, right? Does it just jerk around a little bit?

waniac20
09-22-2008, 08:28 PM
that is correct.

rjusty
09-22-2008, 08:47 PM
Sounds exactly like what my CompuCarve did. I was told it's a tricky repair, so it will probably be going back to LHR. Judging by your join date, you're still under warranty, I hope. I would advise you to send an email, right now, to hardware support (support@carvewright.com) and explain your problem. Include your machine serial number and cut hours to save time.

I'm also trying to resolve an issue now, so I can tell you: the process is moving a little slow. Hopefully the phones will be working soon.

dustyshp
09-22-2008, 10:43 PM
Had the same problem and emailed hardware support last night.

They responded today !!!! Here is a copy of what else they wanted to know.

"In the meantime, I will need the firmware revision of your machine. I will also need you to check your z-encoder readings. To do this, turn on the machine and press 0-7. Scroll down until you reach the z-encoder reading. Lift the clear cover and move the cutting head to the very top of the track. Record the numbers that you see on the LCD screen. Then move the cutting head to the very bottom. Record that number as well. The distance between the two should not be more than 3 inches and no less than 2.75 inches. Do that process three times to check for consistency. The numbers should read about the same each time. Let us know the results of the test."

This may speed up the repair of your machine.

waniac20
09-23-2008, 05:17 PM
Thanks, I am out of town right now,will be home on Fri. and I will check it then.