PDA

View Full Version : Two flash card questions

Rocky
09-21-2008, 06:57 PM
I can't find anything in the Help files that address these two questions, so I'm coming to the forum again.

1. Is there any way to load a project file from the flash card into Designer? I guess a reverse compilation.

2. In the Flash Manager, there is a Format button; does this format the flash card? I'm afraid to try it; I don't want to lose my files that are on the card.

Thanks,

Amonaug
09-21-2008, 07:12 PM
I can't find anything in the Help files that address these two questions, so I'm coming to the forum again.

1. Is there any way to load a project file from the flash card into Designer? I guess a reverse compilation.

2. In the Flash Manager, there is a Format button; does this format the flash card? I'm afraid to try it; I don't want to lose my files that are on the card.

Thanks,

1. No

2. Yes

MikeMcCoy
09-21-2008, 07:26 PM
Just like when you format your hard drive. Your flash card will get slicked.

Digitalwoodshop
09-21-2008, 11:22 PM
As for moving a file from the card back to the computer.... Not available yet.....

What the software does when you load the .mpc to the card is "Compile it"... It makes up a cut list of the elements you have in your .mpc. That is why if you have 2 lines of text on a board it will work from one end and cut each letter along the length of the board one letter from each line of text. This keeps the board from having to move in length as much. It's like washing mud off of your car.... You work the hose back and forth removing the mud.... It's a one way process....

With my Vinyl Cutter.... If you have a 15 foot banner you can tell it to cut everything from one end rather than run the 15 foot of vinyl back and forth doing just a line of text wasting time and opening the possibilities of tracking errors.

That was the engineering thoughts behind 1.130 cut path... Less Tracking errors in length... Not moving 3 or 4 times in length.

Good Luck,,

AL

Rocky
09-22-2008, 05:20 AM
Thanks, folks.