PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with probe

CABINET MAN
09-20-2008, 12:12 AM
I Am Not Sure The Right Way To Post A Question But
I Hope This Works. I Am Trying To Use The Prob For The First Time. Everything Seems To Be Going As Planed Until It I Press Enter To Start The Scan And I Keep Getting "z Axis Stall Error 248.
I Know It's Late But If Anyone Is Still Up And Can Help -thanks Dave

JOHNB
09-20-2008, 02:10 PM
hi cabinet man; i don't have the probe, but you may have a bad z-motor? does it stall before or while carving?

Amonaug
09-20-2008, 02:53 PM
I Am Not Sure The Right Way To Post A Question But
I Hope This Works. I Am Trying To Use The Prob For The First Time. Everything Seems To Be Going As Planed Until It I Press Enter To Start The Scan And I Keep Getting "z Axis Stall Error 248.
I Know It's Late But If Anyone Is Still Up And Can Help -thanks Dave

With the probe plugged in go to 0) options, 7) sensor readings and probe state. Move the tip of the probe up and down and make sure the readings read open/close as it's moved.

If it's stalling before the tip even gets to the surface the rails could need cleaning, the rollers could have dust stuck in it, the z-belt could have a chip stuck in the teeth. If none of the above it could be the z-motor and a call to LHR when the phones are back up could help.

Hexe SA
09-22-2008, 03:03 PM
Do you have the new scanning setup? With this I mean the one that goes thru the cover with the cable on the side? I had this with mine and the connector of the cable on the side off the cover, one of the pins was bent and didn't connect. Pair of needle nose straighten them right out.
If you have the old scanning set up, were you plug into the z-truck you'll need to contact CW.
Check your connector first.
Eva

badger
09-22-2008, 07:26 PM
a call to LHR when the phones are back up could help.

In case anyone missed it, LHR is staffed with people and will try to get to all emails but you dont have to wait for the phones. You can email them with a question and they will respond.

I even ordered parts through them by email and they are being shipped so they are still in business and I beleive doing an outstanding job considering they dont have phones.

CABINET MAN
09-23-2008, 12:41 AM
today was 48 hr not counting the week end since last e-mail!