PDA

View Full Version : Head Clutch Pressure Lubrication

forqnc
09-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Ok, I know there have been lots of post somewhere about this, but I have never seen anything specifically showing what/where to lubricate, if you have problems with the clutch pressure reading low. I know I have to clean my machine (see pics) but where/what do you lubricate? (see picture 1)

Here's the pictures, since I finally found time to strip my machine down. I also, since I had it apart, took pictures of other components, to hopefully help others to visually see the location of the various components. They are nowhere near as good as Al's (Digitalworkshop) posts, but just trying to do my part.

forqnc
09-16-2008, 06:54 PM
Also would I like to add a mod I did since I had my machine down. I kept getting z axis error's at the end of carvings, until I noticed the flex shaft was catching the cover when coming up. So since my machine is out of warranty I removed the lip. This may be adjusted with loosening the top 4 cover bolts, but I have re-aligned and lubricated the posts several times and still got the error occasionally. I was lucky to see it finish one time and hit the cover.

Dan-Woodman
09-16-2008, 09:46 PM
I adjusted mine a while back but still hiting it , so I took my dremel to it and took the burr off the edges. Also took a little extra off the keypad end for the blower hose I added coming from the muffler .

later Daniel

forqnc
09-19-2008, 07:18 AM
Just wanted to add a few more pics of my clean down.
The first is the machine without the sides and top covers

The second just shows the general electronic workings and spindle motor.

forqnc
09-19-2008, 07:20 AM
There have been a lot of post regarding the "close cover switch"
So here are some pictures of their location, note the "Cut Motor Switch" is larger than the "Close cover switch", this is probably due to the amperage of the motor being greater than a signal from the close cover switch.

Gary Koval
09-20-2008, 07:33 AM
Forqnc,
Thanks for the photos, don't remember seeing a photo of the switches like that before, never took mine apart that far. At least now I can understand what the switches look like, and when I get the dreaded "close cover" I know where to shoot the air to clean'em out.
Thanks, Gary

forqnc
09-22-2008, 08:58 AM
You are welcome Gary. I hoped the pictures would help others.

jerrbitt
09-22-2008, 09:49 AM
Just wanted to add a few more pics of my clean down.
The first is the machine without the sides and top covers

The second just shows the general electronic workings and spindle motor.

Don't think my machine was ever that clean even when it was fresh out of the box.

GREATJOB!!