PDA

View Full Version : patterns?

JOHNB
09-14-2008, 07:18 PM
i just found this site, thought you may be interested in. more competition, if you can convert them? i haven't carved any yet, but they look like they should be alright? post your results.
http://www.reliefclipart.com/

liquidguitars
09-14-2008, 10:33 PM
cool stuff.. good prices 2

LG

Spanglerg@hotmail.com
09-14-2008, 11:34 PM
Has anyone tried any patterns from this site?

JVallario
09-15-2008, 07:55 AM
I saw a few (3) freebies on the site. Don't know if the .STL file type is compatable with any of my software. Prices are low.

Jvicaretti
09-15-2008, 08:00 AM
I just downloaded a free pattern and I don't have the software needed to view it. I emailed the company to ask what program is needed. I will let everyone know when I hear anything.

Jeff_Birt
09-15-2008, 08:10 AM
It does not appear that any of the models were designed with carving them in mind. Many of the models have little spindly details and there is no draft to anything. Not to mention the vast majority of them are in ArtCAM format. So if you have ArtCam (5-7 grand) maybe...

Digitalwoodshop
09-15-2008, 08:57 AM
No information about the company. Is it a overseas company, one of the 3 or 4 that call me once a month asking me to let them make artwork for me. Hard to understand, won't take NO for an answer, keeps calling.

They got my number from a Laser and Sublimation Group I joined... ARA.org

AL

Amonaug
09-15-2008, 10:58 AM
The .obj files are usuable in something like Bryce and then you can render a greyscale altitude/distance mask from it. Problem is I know for sure that the horse model they are selling is a Poser model which is a violation of the EULA and copyright.