PDA

View Full Version : Kudos

jerrbitt
09-14-2008, 05:26 PM
I’ve been thrilled with some of the work produced from the Carvewright. But today I found myself using it to save hours of work on woodworking project. I’m making a crib for my new grandchild and the plans called for the head and foot board to have inlays.

The plans called for cutting a 30”x 5” board into three pieces and then cutting a series of dados in the center piece and then gluing all three pieces together and presto you have the recesses for the inlays. But a lot of work and two glue lines in the finished piece. And you would have to do this twice.

Ant then came inspiration. Why not use the Carvewright to cut a region? Brilliant – or at least a good idea for an old codger. Worked beautiful and much, much less time. I say a pat on the back for me and I deserve it since I have kicked myself in the rear more times than that.

Now its got me thinking about using it to cut mortises.

Probably no end for the uses of this wonderful, but at times, perplexing machine.

mtylerfl
09-15-2008, 09:44 AM
Hello jerrbitt,

Sounds great! We would love to see some photos of what you accomplished, if/when you have a chance to post some.