PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me please

Betty Woodall
09-13-2008, 06:13 PM
Hi All,
I am trying to make a pattern for someone who wants to mount the ball she made a hole in one on the golf course during a tournament. What she wants is an 8x8 plaque that has the lady golfer and the number one with a concave depression to hold the ball in. I am using .75 thick wood. I would like to know how to make the concave area into the number one that is deep enough to sink the ball into. The diameter of the ball is 1.68 inches. Please if anyone can help me I would deeply appreciate it. I have scoured the forum for other threads about concave carving but they don't answer this problem.
Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Betty

mtylerfl
09-13-2008, 08:18 PM
Hello Betty,

You can draw the circle, make it a carve region, assign the Double Dome or Double Down Dome surface, set the depth to .6, set height at 999. That gets you close, however, the recess is not evenly "rounded" inside.

So...I made a recess ptn for the golfball for you, as an alternative for you to use if you wish.

Drag the ptn onto your board, remove the feather, then click the Invert tool. Default depth is already set at .6" which should be about right for your 3/4" thick board. Hope that helps.

Betty Woodall
09-14-2008, 06:10 PM
Thank you Michael,
I tried what you said and copied the pattern. It worked out great. I really appreciate you so much. Love the projects that you design. ....BW

mtylerfl
09-15-2008, 09:46 AM
Hello Betty,

It's my pleasure to be able to help you out. Thank you for the kind words.

Jim_colo
01-04-2009, 02:51 PM
Hello Betty,

You can draw the circle, make it a carve region, assign the Double Dome or Double Down Dome surface, set the depth to .6, set height at 999. That gets you close, however, the recess is not evenly "rounded" inside.

So...I made a recess ptn for the golfball for you, as an alternative for you to use if you wish.

Drag the ptn onto your board, remove the feather, then click the Invert tool. Default depth is already set at .6" which should be about right for your 3/4" thick board. Hope that helps.

Hello mtylerfl

How did you do it?

mtylerfl
01-04-2009, 03:35 PM
Hello mtylerfl

How did you do it?

Hello,

I used ArtCAM software.

Jim_colo
01-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Hello,

I used ArtCAM software.

ARTCAM software $$$$ Is there any way to use the C/W software?

Thank you

Kenm810
01-04-2009, 07:14 PM
Jim,

Check your other post recess newbe question? (http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=9879),
the last couple of entries show how to do what you want,
using the CW Designer Software. http://forum.carvewright.com/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif