PDA

View Full Version : possible board removal

skeeterman
09-12-2008, 08:08 PM
keep getting this message, first time i got message, my board was to narrow had a 3" board and cutting 2.5" ptn, changed board to 5" wide and carved ok
The project i was working on was on both sides, finished one side then turned board over, and i get same message. do not know what to do. any thoughts?possible board removal?????

Jeff_Birt
09-12-2008, 08:58 PM
How thick is the board?

skeeterman
09-12-2008, 09:02 PM
my board is 1.25 thick

mtylerfl
09-12-2008, 10:41 PM
Check to see one of your roller switches is "stuck" (possibly due to packed sawdust).

Push the rollers up and down repeatedly then try running the project.

Of course, after the project runs (if it does), clean everything thoroughly (vacuum, blow a little compressed air, etc.).

If the problem persists, check page 10 of the Troubleshooting Guide for further info. You do have a copy of that, don't you? If not, here's the link: http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32555&postcount=14

Digitalwoodshop
09-12-2008, 10:52 PM
Brass Roller.... Did the back side of the pattern cut away the wood that would normally touch the brass roller..... Computer See's Sand Paper Belts moving but a gap in the wood at the brass roller prevents the roller from moving..... Think like a computer..... Brass roller not moving is board removed it ask's....?

AL

skeeterman
09-13-2008, 04:37 AM
thanks for link to troubleshooting guide, I did not have this guide. as far as enough wood on back side of project, i had 1" on each side and of course my 7" on length.
I am away from machine for next couple of days so i wont be able to check rollers until i get back. while i was getting this possible board removal error machine also did a couple of other weird things,a few times it would do all its homing and board measurements, and ask to load bit then would touch off on bit plate after that it would go to touch off on wood surface but it had already moved board to far back and would touch air . i had to abort each time and restart.
thanks for all your responses.
steve

Amonaug
09-13-2008, 10:50 AM
thanks for link to troubleshooting guide, I did not have this guide. as far as enough wood on back side of project, i had 1" on each side and of course my 7" on length.
I am away from machine for next couple of days so i wont be able to check rollers until i get back. while i was getting this possible board removal error machine also did a couple of other weird things,a few times it would do all its homing and board measurements, and ask to load bit then would touch off on bit plate after that it would go to touch off on wood surface but it had already moved board to far back and would touch air . i had to abort each time and restart.
thanks for all your responses.
steve

A fix for that is to go to 0) Options, 5) User options and set jog to manual. Then you can tell it where to touch the board to find the surface.

skeeterman
09-13-2008, 06:51 PM
thanks for all the help i have recieved.