PDA

View Full Version : Damper

jerrbitt
09-11-2008, 08:55 PM
LHR sent me a new Z motor and the board tracking DAMPER to solve, hopefully, my depth problem.

Got the motor installed but who can tell me where the damper fits between the sliding plate and the board tracking asembly? Did a search but nothing specific in terms of where it is exactly installed. It is a short piece of rubber tubing about a half inch long, 1/4 inch in diameter.

I was going to take a couple of pictures to show you the size but my camera battery needs a charge.

Somehow I think it fits betweeen the board tracking assembly and the guide plate.

Appreciate any help.

Tom75
09-11-2008, 09:21 PM
i beleave it goes under the brass roller senser on the key pad side

Tom75
09-11-2008, 09:39 PM
here iss a scamatic of where the damper goes . hope this helps ? let met me know if it helps .

Tom75
09-11-2008, 09:55 PM
i looked at the pics of the scamatics i posted and cant see them to well so i looked at the cw web site if you click on support then down loads then exploded view parts list . what i beleave you ar looking for is on pg 6 part #99 . i tryed to cut and copy to post but could not figuer it out . you should be able to print all the pages out . hope this helps .

jerrbitt
09-12-2008, 10:03 AM
i looked at the pics of the scamatics i posted and cant see them to well so i looked at the cw web site if you click on support then down loads then exploded view parts list . what i beleave you ar looking for is on pg 6 part #99 . i tryed to cut and copy to post but could not figuer it out . you should be able to print all the pages out . hope this helps .

It appears from the schematic that it sits on the screw head the one closest to the front sandpaper belt. I'm assuming that the board tracking assembly is what holds it in place.

Thanks for the information.

Tom75
09-12-2008, 10:51 AM
glad to help . as so meny have helped me .

jerrbitt
09-13-2008, 09:03 AM
Did a test carve with a cut path and everthing worked well. Since I replaced the Z motor and damper simutaneously, I wonder which one was the culprit giving me the erroneous bit depth readings.

But as long as it is working, I'm not going to let it bother me.

Thanks all for your suggestions.

Tom75
09-13-2008, 09:37 AM
glad i could help .