PDA

View Full Version : just back from cw and does not work

mustang
09-10-2008, 06:25 PM
I just got my compucarve back from getting almost all of the guts replaced and it will not bring up the projects menu, it just keeps prompting me to jog to far end, near end, side etc. , looks like it thinks I am using a scanning probe which I do not have. they replced the ztruck and spindle,quick change,board sensor and wires,magnet retainer,z motor pak,traction belts, greased the screws and posts,flexshaft, and replaced the power supply foam. All of this was done because it would not read the board and I had replaced the board sensor. it only had 35 cut hours on it and most of the stuff replaced did not need it.Not very reassuring to look at my invoice and see in the part description they used "Boneyard" parts, whatever that means. spent over 400$ after shipping both ways, very dissapointed. Any ideas why it appears to be setting up for a scan? Thanks

Amonaug
09-10-2008, 07:29 PM
I just got my compucarve back from getting almost all of the guts replaced and it will not bring up the projects menu, it just keeps prompting me to jog to far end, near end, side etc. , looks like it thinks I am using a scanning probe which I do not have. they replced the ztruck and spindle,quick change,board sensor and wires,magnet retainer,z motor pak,traction belts, greased the screws and posts,flexshaft, and replaced the power supply foam. All of this was done because it would not read the board and I had replaced the board sensor. it only had 35 cut hours on it and most of the stuff replaced did not need it.Not very reassuring to look at my invoice and see in the part description they used "Boneyard" parts, whatever that means. spent over 400$ after shipping both ways, very dissapointed. Any ideas why it appears to be setting up for a scan? Thanks

Go to 0) options, 5) User Options and set the scan from z-truck to cover.

TerryT
09-10-2008, 07:43 PM
Yep! What he said.

mustang
09-10-2008, 07:48 PM
That seems to work, not gonna start a carve now, too late. It would seem they would have set it back the way it went in to avoid calls from stupid users. Thanks, Dave.

Digitalwoodshop
09-10-2008, 08:02 PM
I was working with my machine next door changing the project and went from the first reply to you question to you already got the answer.... I am Slowing down multitasking....

Here is my reply anyway.

Did you follow the instructions to select the scan probe plug in from the spindle to the cover? That has been posted many times, "Why Scan Area" in my display? The new Bundle changes the wiring and the computer See's new wires and thinks that you have a probe plugged in. The new software has a selection in the setup menu to select where to plug in the probe. Either the Old Spindle Jack that is NO LONGER THERE or the new COVER JACK. New Z Bundle changes this.

If you have a probe you will need the new jumper wire now too.

As far as the parts installed, they have your machine's best interest in mind with all the things they did "In MY OPinion".... There are some "known" problems that they have a fix for and it could be the "Bone Yard" mention in the invoice is just a way to cover the paperwork. In the past, they told you NOTHING..... they would not have sent a "What we did" invoice and you just got back a much improved unit wondering what they did.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth in my opinion, you got back a better machine.... It will save you the $400.00 to send it in NEXT time with what they fixed THIS time..... Pro Active Maintenance in my opinion.

I would read up on the maintenance issues and be prepared to make all the adjustments and cleanings that will be necessary as you use the machine. Every issue is posted here and if a search does not find what you need just ask here. I would be honored to post pictures for you to replace the X gear or and other fix you need that I have. Others have great pictures and repair advice too.

Good Luck,

AL

Ike
09-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Go to 0) options, 5) User Options and set the scan from z-truck to cover.

Hmm, mine has done this and I was told by LHR to enter 0 the 5 the 3 and hit stop 3 times. Good to see there is another way to solve it!

Don't get discouraged about the parts used you have a new machine! keep it clean and lubed you will enjoy it for a long time!

Ike