PDA

View Full Version : Cover open and still trys to carve

Ike
09-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Not sure if it was a fluke or the start of a problem? During a carve opened the cover the motor stop but, the head continued to try to carve.

Any suggestion to why this did this? I have an idea, the first time the motor didn't stop. I blew out the cover switch and then it did what I explained above.

Not sure if it is the switch or something else?

Ike

liquidguitars
09-10-2008, 01:26 PM
cover swicth on the left side is jammed with dust?

clean and check the hoods wire harness conector at the back..

LG

Ike
09-10-2008, 01:29 PM
Ah, thought so! Just needed some confirmation! Thanks LG

Ike

Jeff_Birt
09-10-2008, 01:45 PM
To pause a carving you should press 'Stop'. This lets the machine come to a stop in a controlled manner. The machine stop when you lift the lid but that is a safety feature. To resume a paused carving just press 'Start' again. Please note that while the carving is paused (by either method) pressing 'Stop' will cancel the carving.

Ike
09-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Thanks Jeff, never had this happen always just opened the cover and the motor and head, bit stopped. Reminds me of the old kids record player ( showing my age!, you are young!) Open it, it stops, close it, it plays!

Will clean the switch really well, in the future just hit stop then start to continue. Especially to change a bit, don't want to chase the bit around!

Ike

cnsranch
09-10-2008, 02:06 PM
Ike

Just make sure you don't flinch and hit the stop button twice (been there, done that)

Ike
09-10-2008, 02:08 PM
cn, that is what I am afraid of! So I hope I resolve the cover issue, so much easier to open the cover!

Ike

MikeMcCoy
09-10-2008, 06:54 PM
I'm not sure but it does sound like one of your cover switches has a bad connection. It's easier on the machine though if you use the Stop button anyway.

Ike
09-10-2008, 07:06 PM
I'm not sure but it does sound like one of your cover switches has a bad connection. It's easier on the machine though if you use the Stop button anyway.

No Mike new switch, it was dust in the switch, working fine now!

Ike

Digitalwoodshop
09-10-2008, 07:22 PM
Good Job Ike !!!!

AL