PDA

View Full Version : problem with new scan

temler
09-08-2008, 12:52 PM
Hi all
I finally got around to doing my first scan and I have a problem. I have had the machine for 2 years now and have only been able to do one test project and this one scan because of health problems.
Here is my problem i did my scan took a long time to get done. but the problem is that a little bit of the project, one ear and part of the neck says "pattern too deep" and is has the color of green. the depth of the scan says 1.127. What will happen if I try to carve this project? How can I get this to work? I will try to add my scan to the post. I also scanned the ear in a second scan starting at 1" level of the pattern and going lower than that. So how can I get this all on one pattern and make both ears show and make them both at the right depth or how can I move the one ear up a little on the head and still make it look right. I can't get the .MPW file to attach to this post, so that is something else i need to know how to do. If some one wants to see my scan and tell me how to fix it or scan it different, just let me know and tell me how to get you a copy of the scan. Thanks for your help
Tim

Jeff_Birt
09-08-2008, 12:59 PM
It's just telling you that the machine cannot cut it that deep. Change the depth to anything 0.8" or less an you will be fine.

temler
09-09-2008, 09:22 AM
how do i make the whole scan shorter in depth and not lose the ear of my scanned project. if some one would tell me how to put it on here you can see my problem. The original hand carving is 1.25 in deep carving, I would like to use this but it would not have to be that deep, just deep enough to keep the out line of the deep ear. Thanks for any help.
Tim

cnsranch
09-09-2008, 09:29 AM
Try bringing up the pattern in Pattern Editor, and change the depth there - take a look, then, what the change in depth does to your pattern. It may distort, or you may lose some of the profile.

temler
09-09-2008, 09:33 AM
i don't know but maybe this will work. i am not sure how to upload a mpw to the post. Boy for all the reading and having my machine for 2 years, I am such a newbie since this is my first project since I got my machine. I hope my back and RSD stay in remission so i can learn a little about my machine. I have watched every one on here have so much fun I can't wait to carve my first project. Thanks for the help
Tim

cnsranch
09-09-2008, 09:41 AM
Temler -

When you start a thread, or reply to a post, look down thst page to "Additional Options", click on "Manage Attachments", then click on "Browse" - that will take you to your computer. I usually save a jpeg that I want to upload on my desktop - it's easier to find that way. If you're wanting to attach an MPC, browse to C:/Program Files/Carvewright/My Projects - you'll find your MPC's there. Click on the one you want to attach, click upload, close the window, you're golden.