PDA

View Full Version : Open door error

rlane10347
09-07-2008, 06:42 PM
My machine has done very well for about 60 hours of carving. Now I get an open door error. I have searched this forum and checked all things suggested. Checked switch and all connections. All seems to be OK. Has anyone anyother suggestions of where the problem might be. One thing that can be a big problem is that when you open and close the door even in the scan mode the cut motor will turn a little as the door is closed???? Thanks for any help I can get. I will call carvewright tomorrow.

Digitalwoodshop
09-07-2008, 07:36 PM
You need to call LHR tomorrow.

The plug for the left switch can plug into the circuit board 180 degrees out... I did.... Open Cover error.... White wire on the plug goes to the center of the machine. Check it.

Question? What version of software are you using? 1.126 or 1.130?

With your machine powered on, if you thump your hand on the table that the carve machine sits on can you make the spindle or QC turn slightly?

If NO... That is GOOD.

If YES.... Then the C1 Capacitor on the X Termination Board under the machine could have a broken wire. The C1 vibrates and the wire breaks like the L2 problem. Call LHR.

As a side note, I have seen my GOOD unit do the cut motor thump or 1/16 turn when the cover is closed too.... So it could be NORMAL..... The Broken C1 in earlier versions of the software caused the Cut Motor to run when it was to be off. Later Versions fixed that.

Good Luck,

AL

rlane10347
09-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the info. I will check the plug tomorrow. Will also work with LHR. I am using 1.130.