PDA

View Full Version : Help

Betty Woodall
09-07-2008, 04:14 PM
I am in the process of cutting out the birdcage project and encountered a strange problem. The machine will go through the whole sequence of getting ready to carve and then when it is to carve the pattern it runs but it is above the wood. There are no error messages.
I have run the next pattern of the project and it cuts out fine. So I figure that it may have to do with the uploading of the files onto the chip so I reload that file and try again. Same thing occurs. Then machine is running fine it is just not cutting the pattern on that wood. (Reatta pine) The pattern I am trying to cut out is the main section of the birdcage.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.... BW:

Dan-Woodman
09-07-2008, 05:27 PM
Hey Betty
Watch the bit as it is being measured making sure that it touchs the bit plate on the far end away from the controll panal. You could have a sticking bit plate, not swinging out.
It may need cleaning. That seems to be the most common problem for this malfuntion.
later Daniel

supershingler
09-07-2008, 09:54 PM
betty

i had this happen to me also

i deleted all the patterns from my memory card and reformated the card
redownloaded the pattern and it carved like a dream for me.

good luck

kendall

Hank
09-08-2008, 07:50 AM
I had the same thing happen to me. The bit stayed above the wood and did not cut. I deleted the pattern and reloaded it. Same problem. I let the machine run this way (above the Wood) for 8 to 10 minutes it then started to cut the pattern. Give this a try, load the wood and the project let it do it's thing for 10 minutes then the pattern will cut.
Good luck!

Hank

Betty Woodall
09-09-2008, 12:07 AM
Thank you Dan, Kendall, and Hank. I treid all the solutions that you offered and Hank you had it right on the money. After the machine ran for 5-6 minutes it turned off asking for the cutting bit. Once that was installed the machine ran and the pattern was cut out the way is was programmed to. Again thank you all for your response.
I know that I can always come to this forum for help. Everyone is terrific... BW

Betty Woodall
09-09-2008, 12:12 AM
Thank you all for your quick response to the problem. Hank, you were right on the money. After the machine ran for 5-6 minutes it stopped, called for the cutting bit and once that was installed the machine ran the pattern perfectly. I Know that if I have a problem that I can count on the people who come to this forum to help find a solution. Everyone here is terrific.... Thanks again....BW

mtylerfl
09-09-2008, 11:52 PM
Thank you all for your quick response to the problem. Hank, you were right on the money. After the machine ran for 5-6 minutes it stopped, called for the cutting bit and once that was installed the machine ran the pattern perfectly. I Know that if I have a problem that I can count on the people who come to this forum to help find a solution. Everyone here is terrific.... Thanks again....BW

Hello all,

Sorry 'bout that.

The "hovering bit" is caused by an "invisible" pattern with a zero carve region on one of the boards. (It was for layout purposes only when making the original mpc.) I inadvertently sent that original version to LHR before I deleted the invisible layout pattern off that particular board.

The mpc called "Main_Tier_Top_&_Bottom.mpc" had an unnecessary component (a hexagon shape) with a carve region set at "0".

We didn't realize it until a few folks reported the hovering bit anomaly. Of course, if left alone, the project proceeds and finishes just fine, but it was more than a little puzzling for anyone to see the bit just spin and hover!

Naturally, when I was made aware of this, I immediately sent in a new "Main_Tier_Top_&_Bottom.mpc" to replace the original. That was around the first week of August if I recall, so a few people did get that original file just before the correction was made!

Now you know the "rest of the story"!

(By the way, if you received that original file, open it in Designer, then view the pattern list. Click on each element in the list until the "invisible hexagon" is selected then just delete it.)