PDA

View Full Version : Brand New Scanner Probe For Sale!

911guy
09-06-2008, 08:37 PM
Just listed my new scanner probe on Ebay if anyone is interested. Never got around to using it, bought it brand new some time ago...Item number: 260284329535.

Starting Bid .01, no reserve!

Thanks!

skeeterman
09-07-2008, 01:19 AM
I thought i had read a post that the software was not transferable, and would have to purchase the software in order to use the probe.
Thinking of buying probe . anyone know this to be true?

brdad
09-07-2008, 03:46 AM
I thought i had read a post that the software was not transferable, and would have to purchase the software in order to use the probe.

That's the problem I ran in to. I'm not sure what happens when you buy a new probe from LHR, but if it is instantly registered to the purchaser, you will have to buy new software. If it's not registered until someone registers it online and no one has done that yet, the software may still be good.

I had to buy the new software because I bought a machine from an individual who bought a machine and registered the software, even though the machine was never used.

So if you plan on buying a probe that's been registered, factor in $200 for new software!

Maybe someone knows when and how the registration of probe software happens when it is bought new?

911guy
09-07-2008, 09:35 AM

According to LHR, http://www.carvewright.com/cms/probe
you should register your scanning probe and give them your machine serial number. This scanner was never registered, the software was never installed so I don't think it would be considered a transfer. It's just an unregistered scanner until someone wins the auction and registers it themselves.

Thanks!

skeeterman
09-07-2008, 02:12 PM
appreciate the response, I will be bidding
steve

911guy
09-07-2008, 02:59 PM
appreciate the response, I will be bidding
steve

Sure Steve...Thanks and good luck!