PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to LHR

Gary Koval
09-04-2008, 03:09 PM
Just wanted everyone to know about a situation that happened to me in the recent past. I'm coming up on a year with my machine and started having problems with the head going out of align and extra play in the tierod assembly on the bottom side of the machine. LHR wanted it down in Texas as it was not something I could repair. I had the original packaging and then some when I sent it in, the box being in above average condition. Three weeks later I got it back and our friends at UPS really did shake it up pretty good. Anyway, the day after I got it back it was on its way back down to Texas, the head and tierod assembly were a mess.
Today I received either a new or reconditioned machine and wow what a difference. 20-MINUTES on the cut motor. Man I really missed the sweet hum of that bad boy. Did a quick 30min carve and I gotta say the old machine never sounded like this. The flex shaft is sitting in moly as we speak and in another two days I should be on my way to catching up on the carves that I'm behind on. So to (press 2 for customer service) Lisa, and the rest of the LHR folks thanks,
Gary Koval

Digitalwoodshop
09-04-2008, 07:31 PM
Gary,

Just a heads up that too much of a good thing will lead to another trip to LHR. The Moly must be light as if you have too much lubrication could work it's way to the top of the spindle and work it's way into the top bearing. This intruder is like driving your car on sand, it offers resistance to the ball bearings that leads to heat and destruction to the top bearing.

Good Luck,

AL

Just enough to lubricate but not too much....