PDA

View Full Version : "check board for problem"

pilotcreek
09-03-2008, 01:07 PM
Please, can anyone help with this............I have been unable to use my machine for over a month now, I have made 7 calls to CW Tech. and have done anything and everything that they have suggested, I have done the search and done everything that has been suggested on here to no avail. This problem started before my warrenty ran out and is still going on now that my warrenty has expired, CW tells me tough luck. I just dismanteled and cleaned my machine, adjusted the traction belts, checked the o-ring, checked the head pressure, ran all of the tests offered and it will not work. I have tried every size board in my shop and I have installed 1.130 and re-loaded some very simple projects useing the new issue.........no luck. Is there anyone out there that has been succesful solving this problem. Bill

Digitalwoodshop
09-03-2008, 02:43 PM
Bill,

Your problem could be caused by the head not being level. A quick check is to load a board and put a bit in. Go the the options and the Z Data reading and place the bit on 3 places on the board and look at the numbers. One side being high will cause false roller compressed reading and give you this message.

The Cross connector under the machine can loose a step in the gear between the hand crank and the far side and make the head not level. A Fix is to loosen the screw holding the cross link and adjust the head back to level. Common problem. Check the tightness of the screws and washer holding the rod.

AL

pilotcreek
09-03-2008, 04:29 PM
Thanks Al I will give that a try. bill

Jeff_Birt
09-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Also, have your checked your board sensor readings? How about the pressure roller switches?

pilotcreek
09-03-2008, 07:44 PM
Thanks Jeff, yes I did check all of that as per ("7 calls to CW Tech.) I would like to think that I was getting a handle on this and I love the machine when it is working but I have to put a BIG emphisis on "when it is working". I really think that CW could have done a better job with this, it is obvious that I can't use my machine and that the Techs. actually gave up and gave me to a supervisor that said......sorry. bill

Jeff_Birt
09-03-2008, 09:07 PM
You still did not answer my question, ("7 calls to CW Tech.) only means that you made seven calls, nothing else. What are your board sensor readings? Put a board in, position the Z/Y truck over the board and crank the head down while watching the readings. It should be zero until you get close to the top of the board and then the reading should start climbing. Does the reading remain high as you get to the point where the clutch clicks in or does it go down a bunch? Once the head is down move the truck along the Y-axis, do the readings stay steady? Have you done a calibration recently or ever?

What thickness of boards your trying to use?

pilotcreek
09-03-2008, 11:49 PM
Thanks Jeff, The reference to the 7 calls was what I asumed was understood to mean that I was asked to do all the tests that could be thought of, I don't believe that any of the Techs. asked me to do what you are suggesting. I am not sure what "calibration" you are refering to and is it not something that I would have been asked to do by one of the Techs? I am useing 3/4" wood. bill

Jeff_Birt
09-04-2008, 08:06 AM
After testing the board sensor as I described, please report your findings. Then refer to page 52 of the users manual: http://www.carvewright.com/downloads/CarveWright_manual_08-29-08.pdf, for the calibrate offsets procedure. Watching the reading as you crank down will give you an idea if excess head pressure is causing the reading to be too low. Moving the Y truck helps to see if the reading is changing due to an unlevel head.

Another thing to try is to use the 'Measure Board' function from the keypad and see if that will measure the board.

Trying to troubleshoot something over the phone can be difficult for both parties involved, even if they are both very knowledgeable on a particular piece of equipment.

pilotcreek
09-05-2008, 10:33 AM
Jeff,

I am sorry that I didn't get those tests done yesterday, I will attempt to do so today and report back. Thanks for your help. bill