PDA

View Full Version : Hi Guys, Newbie here, any hints

TritonGeorge
09-02-2008, 03:31 PM
I have had my machine for about a month now, got about 100 hrs on it and still trying to make a real nice piece. there certainlky is a learning curve. Any suggestions on Font styles and depths also what is the nicest wood to work with. Thanks

Rocky
09-02-2008, 03:34 PM
I have had my machine for about a month now, got about 100 hrs on it and still trying to make a real nice piece. there certainlky is a learning curve. Any suggestions on Font styles and depths also what is the nicest wood to work with. Thanks

I've had mine for about 2 months, and all I can say at the moment to help is to read the Tips & Tricks, browse this forum, and, of course, read the manual.

Kenm810
09-02-2008, 03:59 PM
Hey George,

Welcome to the CW Forum,
One of the popular decrative Fonts used qiute often
is Black Chancery you can find it at http://www.dafont.com/black-chancery.font
Plus CW Centerline to make some nice professional looking plaques and signs.

mtylerfl
09-02-2008, 04:37 PM

Hello TritonGeorge,

Have you been made aware of the Free Monthly Tips & Tricks? I spoke to Sam about them at the IWF show about a week ago. (He mentioned he would like to see them translated into French.) They contain a lot of info that might come in handy for you. If you haven't read them yet, you can download them all by clicking the appropriate link below my signature.

Please let me know if I can do anything for you, here on the Forum or via CarveBuddy.

LollyWood
09-02-2008, 05:09 PM
Ken,

GREAT link bud, thanks.