PDA

View Full Version : Check Cut Motor Meesage

peter_l
09-01-2008, 02:38 PM
Hi All,

First, I tried using the forum search feature and kept getting an error about not enough words, etc.

Ok, for the past couple of weeks, each time I start a carve I get a "Check Cut Motor" message after the bit finds the surface. I press ENTER and it proceeds to carve without any issues.

Just curious what the message means or relates to?

Thanks

Pete
pmwoodworks.com

Audie
09-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Hi All,

First, I tried using the forum search feature and kept getting an error about not enough words, etc.

Ok, for the past couple of weeks, each time I start a carve I get a "Check Cut Motor" message after the bit finds the surface. I press ENTER and it proceeds to carve without any issues.

Just curious what the message means or relates to?

Thanks

Pete
pmwoodworks.com

Hey Pete....try the search again but this time type in with the quotation marks just like this:

"Check cut motor"

You will get a ton of great information to consider!
Audie

Deolman
09-01-2008, 08:27 PM
I just fixed the same error. What it means is the magnet came loose from the shaft in the cut motor. Since the sensor can no longer read the speed, it is running full speed. This also means your flexshaft will now also heat up. I talked to LHR and they sent a replacement motor. I replaced it, the error went away, and my flexshaft returned to a lower more normal temperature. I would recommend you turn the machine on, select options (0), select sensors (7) and scroll until you come to the cut motor. You should be able to rotate your chuck and watch a count go up. If like mine, it will remain at "0". You will most likely have to call LHR for a replacement motor.