PDA

View Full Version : ERROR: Check Back Roller Stuck

Baugher Sign Co
09-01-2008, 11:33 AM
I loaded two different size boards and it keeps coming up with this same message "Check Back Roller Stuck". What it is doing is just rolling the board out the back past the top roller. It does not stop at the end of the board. I have the "keep under roller" selected. What could be causing this?

Eddie

Amonaug
09-01-2008, 11:51 AM
I loaded two different size boards and it keeps coming up with this same message "Check Back Roller Stuck". What it is doing is just rolling the board out the back past the top roller. It does not stop at the end of the board. I have the "keep under roller" selected. What could be causing this?

Eddie

You probably have sawdust impacted in the switch. There are 2 screws on the keypad side of the roller. Loosen them and tap/blow out the dust then tighten the screws again and try it.

Jeff_Birt
09-01-2008, 12:12 PM
Amonaug is quite right, the most likely cause is sawdust impacted around the roller switch. Turn the machine on press '0' then '7', this is the sensor test screen. You can scroll through the various sensor test until you get to the roller switches. This will let you know when you have the problem fixed.

BTW, all the information given here could have been found by making use of the forums 'Search' feature. For example, I searched for 'stuck roller' and found several threads related to this same issue. Remember 'Search is your friend and can locate answer for you very quickly.

brouv
11-12-2008, 05:49 AM
Guys.
I want to thank you all of you
Just got my machine out of the box, measure the board, had this error, wne t this this forum, did a search, remove the roller, check the switch for the click, put everything back, it works ---- DONE
Thanks for all the help that you are providing to the forum

Kenm810
11-12-2008, 06:32 AM
There Ya go! -- Proof Positive!

Jeff is right --- Quote: (Remember Search is your friend) and can locate answer for you very quickly.

jonathan68
09-02-2009, 10:40 AM
I had the same problem with my CW. I took it out of the box and had this issue on my first project. I followed the forums here and discovered that my front roller sensor was just stuck up. I took the side panel off, be careful with the wires - it helps to have something to lean the panel against while doing this, and released the switch manually and added a little oil in the "hinge" area of the sensor. It's cutting now with no problems, great forum support!

Kenm810
09-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Glad to Hear it!!
and Welcome to the CW Forum :smile: