PDA

View Full Version : Burn marks on font

jspringertx
08-31-2008, 04:05 PM
I am having real difficulty getting good letters with various fonts. It seems that my 90 degree vector bit is the cause of my problem and I have not used the bit that often. I have Centerline, used arial black, andy, etc and nothing seems to work right.

I am using poplar and I noticed that the speed of my unit seems to increase when it is cutting the letters.

Has anyone found than one font works better than another?

jcorder
08-31-2008, 07:33 PM
I tried several times to carve in poplar and I had burn marks each time. It just seems that pine cuts a whole lot cleaner than poplar

jspringertx
08-31-2008, 11:09 PM
I tried several times to carve in poplar and I had burn marks each time. It just seems that pine cuts a whole lot cleaner than poplar

I had used pine some time ago and started using poplar. I may just try pine again...cheaper and if it works better GREAT!

Your suggestion makes sense.

Lin
09-01-2008, 04:04 PM
My font of choice is "Black Chancery" for centerline text. I will admit that I have not tried it on poplar but have used it on pine and aspen and I know aspen will burn cause I have it burn while scrolling it off and on.
Just a thougt for you to try the Black Chancery font.
Lin

Winfieldsjr
09-01-2008, 10:15 PM
I had better luck with the 60° pointed cutter. I am cutting clear hard birch here in AK. Also I cut the depth down to 100 Thou. Had to get it from LHR, best prices.