PDA

View Full Version : CW speeds up, bogg down, need RPM sensor?

Ike
08-31-2008, 12:37 PM
Not trying to bear a dead horse, but yesterday during a centerline V carving Hobo font the bit plunged into the board and forced it way through the cut. The motor slow way down until shut down with a check cut motor. Pressed entered and the rpm came up and finished the carve. Noticed that it carved deeper then normal. Assumed it was the bit I was using?

I am running 1.130 software and don't know if it is that or need a new RPM sensor? CW ran fine the rest of the day? Oh also mine will go from fast to hyper speed, just thought it was normal?

Ike

Lin
08-31-2008, 12:57 PM
Ike, Not knowing how large the lettering and which of the v bits you used my answer may not apply but here goes. I have found that some fonts do not carve well or at all using centerline...Hobo Font being one of the ones I have had issues with. I checked that font out a bit before answering you in designer just to make sure I gave an informed answer....Using the 60 degree bit and and the Hobo font with the letters 1.5" tall...the letter H at that height will try to carve .300" + deep...I am not using 1.130 and have had issues if I try to carve centerline with fonts that are on the thick side...like Hobo font. I will get an x axis overload and other errors. Look at your MPC file and see how deep you are carving...you cannot adjust centerline on the depth unless you fool the machine into thinking the board is thicker. Just tossing out my two cents on what I have came across uisng center line with the thicker fonts...My font of choice is Black Chancery font....I use is more than any other for centerline.
Lin

Ike
08-31-2008, 01:21 PM
Thanks Lin, the carving came out great and I even had a letter H in the carving. I was using a 60 degree bit, yet it was carving deeper then usual. Wish I could find Black Chancery font. Looked and there are several styles for Chancery and I want the script type.

Like I said, the letters carved well it just started slow and bogged down until it stopped and once I started again ran fine.

Ike

Dan-Woodman
08-31-2008, 01:45 PM
If your useing the 60 deg. bit and it's carving too deep, then your lettering is too large and you should use the 90 deg. bit. It goes by the thickness of the font in addition to how large the letters are.
Mine also speeds up and shuts down with a check cut motor error. My first BETA machine did that but when I sent it in for an upgrade ,the machine they sent back didn't do it for a while but now it does it every time.
later Daniel

Amonaug
08-31-2008, 02:01 PM
http://www.dafont.com/black-chancery.font

Isn't this the font you are looking for?

Google turn up a lot of hits.

Ike
09-02-2008, 01:36 PM
If your useing the 60 deg. bit and it's carving too deep, then your lettering is too large and you should use the 90 deg. bit. It goes by the thickness of the font in addition to how large the letters are.
Mine also speeds up and shuts down with a check cut motor error. My first BETA machine did that but when I sent it in for an upgrade ,the machine they sent back didn't do it for a while but now it does it every time.
later Daniel

Daniel, only one problem a 90 degree bit is bigger then a 60 degree and would bogs down even more! Used a 45 degree bit I get from Price Cutters and it works pretty well!

Still get a CCM error, still think I need a new RPM sensor?

Ike

Ike
09-02-2008, 01:38 PM
http://www.dafont.com/black-chancery.font

Isn't this the font you are looking for?

Google turn up a lot of hits.

Perfect thank you!!!!!!

Ike

Rocky
09-02-2008, 02:13 PM
After reading this thread, I got to thinking that it might be a good idea to have a separate thread dedicated to Centerline and the various fonts and bits (90 degree, 60 degree, etc.) that produce the best results. Also, include font/bit/height combinations that don't produce good results.

Does anyone else think this might be a worthwhile effort?

Rocky
12-26-2008, 11:12 AM
Mine did it 2 weeks ago and than again yesterday after an hour of carving. 2 weeks ago I took out the cut motor and cleaned it, checked the brushes and magnet. Everything was fine put it back together and it finished the carve. Carved fine another project and yesterday it did it again the speeding up and than slowing down, speeding up slowing down. Than a motor stopped. Couldn't figure out which one. The bit was spinning (I think very slow, like it was turning because it was dragging on the wood edge),all the axis were moving. Stopped it , no error message nothing. I have 96 hrs on the cut motor. Any idea other than calling LHR tomorrow?
Thanks Eva

No big deal, but I think you answered the wrong thread.