PDA

View Full Version : Repair Time

SandBuoy
08-30-2008, 10:31 PM
I was just curious, for those of you that have had to send their machines into LHR, how long did it take to get them back? I don't want anyone to get me wrong either, I just sent mine in, it got there Tuesday and I have no complaints. Just curious as to how much I can get done around here before it gets back. AND Yes, I tried searching for repair time, machine sent back ect.

badger
08-30-2008, 10:47 PM
Depends on what they have to do to it.

For me took 7 days from time sent to time received back for a board sensor. Dont forget this is also a holiday weekend so Im sure they will also be closed Monday.

Gary Koval
08-31-2008, 03:32 PM
Sandbouy,
Sent mine in for a head problem, they updated the Z-Pak, replaced the board sensor, and belts. Three weeks from start to finish, however our good friends at UPS shook it up pretty good so it was on its way back the day after I got it back for head problems. Been gone the second time since 8/15. Waiting to here back from LHR.
Gary

jspringertx
08-31-2008, 04:39 PM
Sandbouy,
Sent mine in for a head problem, they updated the Z-Pak, replaced the board sensor, and belts. Three weeks from start to finish, however our good friends at UPS shook it up pretty good so it was on its way back the day after I got it back for head problems. Been gone the second time since 8/15. Waiting to here back from LHR.
Gary

I have seen what UPS can do to some of the units that have been returned for repair. The boxes appear to have been dropped from the back of the truck and then run over by the truck.

I hesitate to badmouth UPS as they normally do a good job getting items delivered. A friend of mine shipped a computer and took it to the UPS depot to make certain that he had properly boxed the computer. The agent behind the desk asked him if the item was dropped off the counter would it survive the blow. Think of your CarveWright in the same manner.

I also saw some of the packing that people used to return the unit and I can't emphasize enough to pack the unit carefully.

Tom75
08-31-2008, 06:35 PM
i hav had mine sent to lhr 2 times and totaol time frome ups pick up at my door to lhrs door and back to mine was 3 weeks . and thats from Mass.

Tom75
08-31-2008, 06:39 PM
for got to mention when i send in for repairs i also rap lots of bubble rap around the machine just to make saure its safe . they are kinda ruff with it in shipping .