PDA

View Full Version : Help with cut path

zman
08-30-2008, 02:13 PM
I need some help on this heart mpc. I am trying to get to where I can use the cut path but the option of cut path is greyed out. I know it is probably something stupid I am doing or not doing. I have the the 2 halves closed and still can not get the cut path. Maybe I need a different approach.

Thanks
Zman

HighTechOkie
08-30-2008, 02:21 PM
You can not do a cut path with a mirrored object. You need to turn off mirror, copy the left half, flip it, and connect the points in the middle to create a closed path and then you can do a cut path.

Rob

zman
08-30-2008, 02:45 PM
Thanks Rob

I tried that but when the dots connect to get the cut path it throws some curves into my heart design at the top and bottom where they connect. Should I be using something other than the Spline Tools for making the heart design?

Thanks
Zman

HighTechOkie
08-30-2008, 03:03 PM
If you right click on the center node at top (and then again for bottom), choose intersection>normal for those two nodes only and all will be good.

Rob

zman
08-30-2008, 03:17 PM
Hey Rob,

Thanks A MILLION. I had no Idea that option was there.

Thanks
Zman

AWoodsmith
09-03-2008, 01:41 PM
I have had my CW for a few months now and have not had the chance to use it a whole lot but I like it so far. I have been reading all I can on here and you guys are a great help. Still having some issues when trying to measure a board, or when I choose a project it attempts to measure it but I get a lot of errors. I get board errors and the machine will jockey the board from left to right repeatedly in a fast motion until I hit stop. Then when I try to send the error codes to CW it gives me another error. What am I doing wrong, I know it is me and not the machine.

zman
09-11-2008, 09:03 PM
Ed,

I just encountered the same type of thing with the measuring. Many 400 errors. I took the board sensor off the bottom of the truck and it was pretty dirty. It is held in with 2 screws, be carefull as it is plastic. Here is the articla from one of the forum people that really helped me. Mine was reading 30 when I tested and 152 after cleaning the glass.
Skyhawk04-09-2007, 04:56 PM
From the main CW menu, go into Options then sensor check (7 I think) and check the reading of the sensor with a light colored board under the sensor...If your reading under 50 or so the sensor is probably dirty.

You can remove the sensor with 2 screws and 1 wire harness...

Pry off a small cover on the back and remove the plastic window that covers the eyes...

Clean this window with a cotton cloth and reassemble...

Recheck the sensor reading (should be well above 50 now)

Good Luck
Zman

AWoodsmith
09-14-2008, 08:32 AM
Ed,

I just encountered the same type of thing with the measuring. Many 400 errors. I took the board sensor off the bottom of the truck and it was pretty dirty. It is held in with 2 screws, be carefull as it is plastic. Here is the articla from one of the forum people that really helped me. Mine was reading 30 when I tested and 152 after cleaning the glass.
Skyhawk04-09-2007, 04:56 PM
From the main CW menu, go into Options then sensor check (7 I think) and check the reading of the sensor with a light colored board under the sensor...If your reading under 50 or so the sensor is probably dirty.

You can remove the sensor with 2 screws and 1 wire harness...

Pry off a small cover on the back and remove the plastic window that covers the eyes...

Clean this window with a cotton cloth and reassemble...

Recheck the sensor reading (should be well above 50 now)

Good Luck
Zman

Going to give that a try today if I need to. Was able to measure and actually carve quite a bit with no issues, but I think I may clean it just to be safe. Thanks ZMAN...