PDA

View Full Version : Project Birdcage

SandBuoy
08-29-2008, 06:51 PM
I got the rest of the stuff from the store this morning to finish hanging the Birdcage Project of the Month. All I did was cut the peices out, sand them and put it together when my wife was done painting it.

Believe me, the picture does not do this project justice. In real life it is really pretty spectacular they way she did it. She decided not to attach the deco peices on this one. She wants another made that she already has anoher color scheme for she will use the peices on.

If not using the deco peices this project is about a 1 hour carve. Then cutting the dowel, sanding and painting might be another 2-3 hours. Its a heck of a project that I think could sell easily for $60-75 with only $8 in wood, $8 in dowel and another $5-7 in hardware and chain. Nice easy project when you don't have to do the painting :mrgreen:

Kenm810
08-29-2008, 08:09 PM
Spectacular to say the least, Wow, Great job all a round! http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

Betty Woodall
08-29-2008, 09:23 PM
This is awesome. Really looks great. Like the way you finished it. BW

RayTrek
08-30-2008, 09:30 AM
Beautiful
That came out great, you two make a great pair
Thank you for shareing
Ray

mtylerfl
08-30-2008, 09:58 AM
Sandbuoy,

That came out fantabulous! Excellent work - you guys do make a great team!

Dan-Woodman
08-30-2008, 06:13 PM
I've seen several pictures posted on the bird cage project. All look very nice.
My own personal preference on the door would be to make the top and bottom boards of the door frame and door, narrower. Like if those boards are 1" wide ,I'd make them 1/2" wide. Only my personnal preference. They just look too wide in proportion to the rest of the building.
later Daniel

fwharris
08-30-2008, 06:45 PM
Great job Sandbuoy! The wife is really making your work top of the line!