PDA

View Full Version : Decorative Birdcage

RayTrek
08-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Hello
I thought I share with you some pixs of the project of the month.
The main parts were done in pine and the wings done in hemlock, which was a little fussy
I routed the round tiers and installed a puck cabinet light to its design, note; drilled 1”1/2 hole threw the top tiers for good ventilation. I am holding off finishing do to so many possibilities would like to experiment on test pieces first.
Would like to add their was no burning with 1.130 and outstanding instructions and lay out making this up there with one of the Best.
Thank you Michael Tyler for another great one
Cheers To you
Ray
PS the rock is on a 6'x8' wall just completed

Kenm810
08-29-2008, 11:16 AM
It looks Great Ray, Nice job
I like the addition of the puck light.

SandBuoy
08-29-2008, 11:31 AM
very nice ray. I put the finish coat of clear over my wives paint job last night. I like the clear wood look and the light inside. I am off to HD to get a top and ceiling hanger for ours. Glad I checked here first, now I am thinking about putting a puck light in the top of ours. Thanks for sharing it with us.

fwharris
08-30-2008, 06:28 PM
Ray,

Great job all the way! Like the added light and great photo setting.

Betty Woodall
08-30-2008, 08:45 PM
Nice job. I really like having the light in there. BW

mtylerfl
08-30-2008, 09:33 PM
Hello
I thought I share with you some pixs of the project of the month.
The main parts were done in pine and the wings done in hemlock, which was a little fussy
I routed the round tiers and installed a puck cabinet light to its design, note; drilled 1”1/2 hole threw the top tiers for good ventilation. I am holding off finishing do to so many possibilities would like to experiment on test pieces first.
Would like to add their was no burning with 1.130 and outstanding instructions and lay out making this up there with one of the Best.
Thank you Michael Tyler for another great one
Cheers To you
Ray
PS the rock is on a 6'x8' wall just completed

Thank you, Ray. Cheers to you as well!

I just now saw your Birdcage project! What a superb job you did - and I love the GREAT idea you had regarding the insertion of the puck light! Really makes it a showpiece. (Why didn't I think of that?)

It's difficult to express how much I joy I feel when seeing other folks enjoying the projects and often customizing them with their own creative "juices"! It motivates and inspires to be sure!