PDA

View Full Version : Army logo

rhglassdr
08-28-2008, 02:50 PM
I am looking for a pattern with the army logo simular to this pic, I tried the one in the pattern depot but it doesnt have the 3d look that i want.... I am doing a sign for the local VFW as a donation can anyone help?

FiddlemakerMills
08-28-2008, 03:10 PM
The seal is actually of the US with the US army added.

FiddlemakerMills
08-28-2008, 03:27 PM
Here are how they converted

mtylerfl
08-28-2008, 03:45 PM
I am looking for a pattern with the army logo simular to this pic, I tried the one in the pattern depot but it doesnt have the 3d look that i want.... I am doing a sign for the local VFW as a donation can anyone help?

I THINK I saw the one you tried, and it does look a little "flat". However, I did see something similar and it appears to be a higher-quality relief with more dimension to it. The pattern is described as the "Great Seal of the USA" in the Pattern Depot (I don't know what company made the pattern - but it looks really good). You could add the US Army wording with the text tool in Designer, make it arc in a circle, etc. to form the complete logo you're after.

Here's the link to the Great Seal in the Depot...

http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8490&goto=newpost

rhglassdr
08-28-2008, 03:55 PM
Thank you for the quick help! boy do I need it lol !!!

Here is what happened when i carved the pattern in poplar, I think my new QC is bad.

rhglassdr
08-28-2008, 04:08 PM
Here is what I would like..... Maybe one day

http://cgi.ebay.com/DEPARTMENT-OF-THE-ARMY-Handcrafted-Wooden-Plaque_W0QQitemZ190246876172QQihZ009QQcategoryZ104 021QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ike
08-28-2008, 04:11 PM
May be a day late, but have one. Messed with it in designer and add depth might be what you want?

Ike

FiddlemakerMills
08-28-2008, 04:31 PM
Hey Ike those are really good.

Carl

Ike
08-28-2008, 04:33 PM
Carl, not sure where I got it, but it is close to the one rhglassdr wants?

Ike

mtylerfl
08-28-2008, 05:15 PM
Thank you for the quick help! boy do I need it lol !!!

Here is what happened when i carved the pattern in poplar, I think my new QC is bad.

Hopefully, your new QC is installed correctly and is alright.

Did you right-click on the pattern and select "Bit Optimization: BEST" before you uploaded the project to the card? (or maybe it's just a low-quality pattern?)

Perhaps you forgot that important step and used the default Bit Optimization. Even High-quality patterns can look somewhat "icky" if you don't select BEST for Bit Optimization. Of course, select Carving Quality "BEST" during the upload, as well.

Digitalwoodshop
08-28-2008, 06:44 PM
Nice MPC's Ike, Thanks Mister.... :)

AL

Dan-Woodman
08-28-2008, 09:03 PM
rhglassdr
post #5 1st picture almost looks like you have a background border around it that carved a little bit,plus if thats pine it will chip in small spaces.
Does your new chuck have any play in it? Could be your head bearings .
just some thoughts later Daniel

rhglassdr
08-28-2008, 09:38 PM
Thank you everyone for your help, I'm still learning the hard way, who would have thought to change the adapters when I changed the Qc, not me duh...

I installed a new Qc and adapters, optimized the bits, I always set it at best and started burning up more of that new stack of poplar lumber ..... Got about an inch into the carve.... and the machine shut off , just lost all power, and went dead, nothing at all on the display, I guess I'll be on the phone in the morning...