PDA

View Full Version : Latest Vietnam Unit Crest/Logo

Virginia Beach Carver
08-28-2008, 08:25 AM
Still carving crest/logos from Vinh Long, Vietnam, which was the home of an Army Air Field. I enjoy creating them and sending them to friends who I served with there. Not really sure if I want to sell them at this point. Painting just takes so long no one would pay for the time it takes.

Anyway here are the newest ones. Jim

mtylerfl
08-28-2008, 08:42 AM
Jim, you did a wonderful job on those. Anyone would be proud to own them.

I do know what you mean about painting time - I just think of it as a labor of love, which I'm sure you probably do too.

pkunk
08-28-2008, 09:16 AM
VERY nice Jim!! As you know, I was with the 114th. I have not had the time to carve any of the patterns you sent me, but I am inspired by your work. I'll save your pictures!:)

Jvicaretti
08-28-2008, 10:23 AM
Very nice job and a tribute to the many who served in Viet Nam and were never properly thanked when they returned home. A very big thank you to all of you from me!

SandBuoy
08-28-2008, 10:48 AM
Very Nice Jim. The paint job is exceptional on them. Had a buddy that stopped by last weekend while on a bike trip. He served two tours with the 604th Transport Company. I have tried a few time to do his insigna but wasn't worth the scrap when I got it done. Wish they had come out as nice as your did.

Ike
08-28-2008, 02:03 PM
Still carving crest/logos from Vinh Long, Vietnam, which was the home of an Army Air Field. I enjoy creating them and sending them to friends who I served with there. Not really sure if I want to sell them at this point. Painting just takes so long no one would pay for the time it takes.

Anyway here are the newest ones. Jim

Jim, FANTASTIC! Thank you too for serving your country in a war ( not a conflict a war) that not one appreciated. You can save time by painting the background first then sanding the over flow. I do that with say a jumping bass pattern. I slop in a the blue and then go back and paint the other colors in saves some time.

Ike
PS, Thank you too pkunk!

Virginia Beach Carver
08-28-2008, 02:19 PM
Ike, Sounds like it would work on some on my plaques and might save me some real time so I'll give it a try. Thanks for the help. Jim