PDA

View Full Version : Carve area

roughcut
08-27-2008, 11:56 AM
Is it important to set the bit optimization to best in designer? The reason I ask is I've noticed a lot more lines "ribs" lately in my carves. My machine is awaiting X - Drive Idler Gear Stage 2 Assembly from CW so I can't carve at this time to try and see if that was the case. I thought when you choose best carve at the machine it wouldn't matter what you had set it at in designer. I mean when you upload to the card

jerrbitt
08-27-2008, 12:29 PM
You are right, no matter what quality you set during the design, you can override it at the machine.

Amonaug
08-27-2008, 12:38 PM
I don't think he's talking about the draft/normal/best so much as bit optimization. They are 2 different things.

Personally I use bit optimization best on all patterns and carve regions, it seems to give a cleaner carve.

mtylerfl
08-27-2008, 12:39 PM
You are right, no matter what quality you set during the design, you can override it at the machine.

You know, I'm not sure that the setting at the machine actually does anything at this time. (The setting when you upload to the card does, though.) Perhaps someone can verify this? Jeff Birt, LG, Al, do you know?

supershingler
08-27-2008, 01:23 PM
i set mine on the machine to default.
if i understand others that will default to what you set up in designeer

kendall

roughcut
08-27-2008, 01:41 PM
Yes when you call for a carve region you have the option to change the draft feather and bit optimise . I wonder if then you should set it at best

FiddlemakerMills
08-27-2008, 07:16 PM
I set each item and carve region to best before saving and uploading. I found that in one of the monthly tip and tricks. With a new 1/16 cutter the carves have much better quality.

Carl