PDA

View Full Version : Just finished these

SharonB
08-27-2008, 12:23 AM
Thought I'd share a couple of my finished projects with everyone....
The first one is a Project of the Month project that went wrong. The back side didn't carve correctly so converted it to a wall clock instead of the intended 3-D.
The second one was done on a piece of cherry with patterns from those who are so willingly to shre their talents.
The third is one of several Christmas ones that I've started working on. Patterns are from the pattern department or basics folder. I have already sold a couple of my Christmas ones...and the Wine sign is already gone too.
:rolleyes:SharonB

badger
08-27-2008, 12:54 AM
Outstanding job.

I dont think anything went wrong with the project of the month. All you did was put a unique twist to it. The clock looks great.

Firedkm
08-27-2008, 04:47 AM
My mother in law would love the x-mas plaque. That is excellent work!

Dale

Jvicaretti
08-27-2008, 05:23 AM
Sharon, those are great! They all look great but I love the wine sign with the cherry (my favorite wood)

mtylerfl
08-27-2008, 07:57 AM
Sharon, the coloring and finishing on your projects are OUTSTANDING! Obviously you are extremely skillful and artistic! Wonderful job.

FiddlemakerMills
08-27-2008, 08:10 AM
Very inspiring, wounderful work Thank you:)

Kenm810
08-27-2008, 08:43 AM
SharonB,

First Class Job on your projects,
Well Done and Thanks for Sharing Your Photos

mtylerfl
08-27-2008, 09:08 AM
Sharon,

The paint you are using - is it some type of metallic or pearl? The depth and sheen are just beautiful. What brand paints are those?

Digitalwoodshop
08-27-2008, 10:06 AM
WOW.... Great ideas and GREAT use of the Knots in the Wine Sign....

With only 9 posts you are going to be a star in the gallery.... Looking forward to seeing your next project.

Thanks,

AL

yellowdog
08-27-2008, 10:16 AM
SharonB,
Fantastic work! Do you airbrush or paint brush?

cnsranch
08-27-2008, 10:26 AM
SharonB

Pleeasse share with us your steps in finishing your projects - they are awesome!

I'm just a poor, uncoordinated guy, and need some pointers.

fwharris
08-27-2008, 11:15 AM
Sharon,

Great job! You painting and finishing is top notch for sure. Way to go on adapting the trout project to the wall clock. The trout are fantastic looking. Please share you techniques on the painting and finishing!

SharonB
08-27-2008, 05:55 PM
Thanks for all the encouragement Michael, Yellow Dog, FWG and all those kind enough to comment. I love my machine and look forward to many more great projects.
I do use a lot of the Metallic paints (from Michael's) and Patio Paints (for any sign being used outdoors). But I have just been introduced to "Interference paints" a Golden Acrylic paint. This paint comes in a limited number of colors, is a milky white color ... until you layer it over the top of another color. Then, WHAM .... the colors just pop out. I used them over the top of the wine and the grapes in the 1st posting.
The fish and the rocks in the Monthly Project was also done with the metallics and a little of the Interference. The Interference paints are not cheap...about $8.00 a medium size tube. But if you want something to pop out these paints are for you.
So far I do everything with a bush, my fingers, tootpicks and/or papertowels. I guess this is a trate left over from other crafts. I would probably get into air brushing if I had the oppertunity.
I've encluded 3 more of my projects. I have several more ready for the machine and hope to post later. SharonB:rolleyes:

Digitalwoodshop
08-27-2008, 06:11 PM
Very Nice again !!!!

Thanks for the Tips

AL

mtylerfl
08-27-2008, 09:00 PM
Thanks Sharon...I'm going shopping at Michael's tomorrow!

yellowdog
08-27-2008, 09:09 PM
Michaels here I come, I wonder if my daughter will miss her Michaels gift card?;)

mtylerfl
08-29-2008, 09:48 AM
...I do use a lot of the Metallic paints (from Michael's) and Patio Paints (for any sign being used outdoors). But I have just been introduced to "Interference paints" a Golden Acrylic paint. This paint comes in a limited number of colors, is a milky white color ... until you layer it over the top of another color. Then, WHAM .... the colors just pop out. I used them over the top of the wine and the grapes in the 1st posting.
The fish and the rocks in the Monthly Project was also done with the metallics and a little of the Interference. The Interference paints are not cheap...about $8.00 a medium size tube. But if you want something to pop out these paints are for you...SharonB:rolleyes:

Hi Sharon,

I went to Michael's yesterday and found some metallic paints called "FolkLore Outdoor Metallics". I bought all the metallic colors they had (only 5 colors were in stock) plus a bottle of Pearl White (pearlized white paint).

I did not see anything called "Interference " paint, so was not able to get any of that. I also saw they had a lot more variety of metallic colors in an airbrush line of paint called "Createx" brand. The airbrush paints are very thin viscosity, so I wasn't sure if they could be brushed by hand or not, so I didn't buy any of those.

What is the actual brand name(s) of the paints you are using? Maybe that will help me on my quest! Thanks in advance for your help.

EDIT: I re-read your post and see that you did mention the Interference paint brand is "Golden"

FiddlemakerMills
08-29-2008, 11:51 AM
SharonB

I thank you a 1000 times over, I just printed your post and gave it to my wife. Just to prove the machine can be used by her also.

Thanks,

Carl:)

SandBuoy
08-29-2008, 12:13 PM
Really nice work Sharon. I like how you took a project gone wrong and adapted. Wish I could have been so fortunate to have some of mine go that wrong, looks great. I really like that bass signs to and always to to life up to that greed. your painting is top notch like the others have mentioned. We all try and achieve and great finish on our carving and I think we have found another way threw your sharing. thank you

SharonB
08-29-2008, 05:52 PM
Reply to Michael about the paints... Most of my metallics are by "DecoArt" I like them better than FolkArt. They also make a Metal paint with I use once in awhile.
As for the Golden-Interference paints ... at Michael's look in the area where they have their artist oil and acrylic paints. They are not in with the craft paints. And they come in tubes...The golden acrylic paint also comes in a semi-transparent paint...which I really have tried to use on wood yet.
And for those of you that haven't let your wives use your machine ...PLEASE DON'T... or you will never get your machine back. I bought my machine for my husband and since he was a little hesitant to use it I did the first project and have not stopped. He doesn't dare get near it now.
Well, I'm off to try and start another project...I have a raised panel door that I'm trying to get the machine to read. I just want to carve the raised inside panel and as yet I keep getting a board error. It measures it ok but won't go anyfarther. I'm thinking of putting contact paper over the whole top surface and see if that works.
SharonB

Rocky
08-29-2008, 06:27 PM
Great work, Sharon. Would you care to share the any of your projects? I'd love to do the one with the grapes.

SharonB
08-29-2008, 11:43 PM
Rocky ... thank you for your interest in my projects. I'm just learning (had the machine since January) and so I have had to use the patterns that so many have generously offered on the pattern sharing forum. Both the wine glass and the grapes are available there.
If it was something that I had done myself I would be more than happy to share it with you. Plus, I have just figures out how to post pictures ... will have to work on posting ptn, etc. SharonB

Rocky
08-30-2008, 04:41 AM
Rocky ... thank you for your interest in my projects. I'm just learning (had the machine since January) and so I have had to use the patterns that so many have generously offered on the pattern sharing forum. Both the wine glass and the grapes are available there.
If it was something that I had done myself I would be more than happy to share it with you. Plus, I have just figures out how to post pictures ... will have to work on posting ptn, etc. SharonB

Sharon, 'ok', I'll look for the patterns on the forum.

Thanks,

fwharris
08-30-2008, 06:40 PM
Sharon,

Thanks for sharing your materials and techniques. Your work is top notch for sure. You might have to get the hubby another machine as it looks like you have this one all to your self!