PDA

View Full Version : Power turned off

Firedkm
08-26-2008, 06:48 PM
My son accidently shut off the power switch in the middle of a carve......:rolleyes:

When I turned the machine back on it would not start where it left off at. Do I really have to start this carve all over.....if so can i just leave he board in from the 1st carve that did not finish?

I did a search on thisand could not find anything like this.

Thanx
Dale

yellowdog
08-26-2008, 07:05 PM
It will have to be restarted. That's been my experience(bad news) The good news is the many times I have done it I reload the board and it carves in the same place as it did before so you don't have to load a new board!
Hope it works for you.

Amonaug
08-26-2008, 07:09 PM
There are 2 options

1) Leave the board in and just restart the carve letting it carve air where it's already carved from the first time.

2) Create a carve region covering the area already carved and give it a depth of zero. The up load to the card and carve.

It's been my experience that it MAY carve a tad deeper or shallower from whats already there.

supershingler
08-26-2008, 07:10 PM
i think you can go back into designer and make a carve region with a 0 depth setting and re upload and start that way i havent tried it myself but others have had some luck with this

good luck

kendall

badger
08-26-2008, 07:27 PM
Ive started from the beginning if it wasnt too far into the carve and as stated before just let it air carve. Ive once restarted it 3 times and it always started in the same position.

Firedkm
08-26-2008, 08:24 PM
I just restarted the project with the same board.....So far its going good.

Dale

Ron Baird
08-26-2008, 08:39 PM
If you are doing text or it has finished some patterns completely you can go back into your project and delete the finished parts and upload the project again. put the flashcard back in and it will finish the project.