PDA

View Full Version : update

carvingcanuck
08-25-2008, 04:57 PM
Hello again
After another phone call to the help hotline. I have been told to try and rip the board sensor off (break the plastic casing), and then see if I can then get the stripped broken screw out again. I have managed to hack my way through the plastic and have freed the sensor from the stuck screw. My question now is, what is the best way to remove the sensor from the wire attaching it to the machine? Does it snap apart? It's very hard to see how it's connected as the wires do not provide much slack for me to rotate the sensor much. I'm sure the answer is easy, but I want to make sure that I am not causing further damage. I'm a little bit rattled when it comes to this machine. It's been a long, disappointing, carveless week for me.

Amonaug
08-25-2008, 05:36 PM
The wires are simply plugged in. Take a pair of needlenose pliers and gently wiggle the plug free. Just don't tug on the wires that go into the z-truck as you may pinch them or even scrape the coating off and then you'll get a short.

carvingcanuck
08-25-2008, 06:06 PM
great, thanks.

Digitalwoodshop
08-25-2008, 06:32 PM
Here are some pictures.

Didn't take the money shot of the circuit board plug... Sorry...

AL

carvingcanuck
08-25-2008, 07:01 PM
excelent pics.
Thanks, I got it off. Now I am prying off the clear window and removing the dust. I will try glueing some clear plastic on as a new window. And then, hopefully find a way to get that frickin screw out.

FiddlemakerMills
08-25-2008, 07:36 PM
Chin up my friend

Just do one thing at a time, take a rest. Have a cup of coffee, think about the next step before attempting it. Have everything at hand that you will need too do it, then proceed with the operation when your are comfortable.

All good things come in time.

Carl:cool:

carvingcanuck
08-25-2008, 09:58 PM
Thanks
Hey do you use your carvewright to make fiddles?
That would be a very cool thing to make.

carvingcanuck
08-25-2008, 09:59 PM
If I ever get this here machine going, I would love to have that as a project one day.

FiddlemakerMills
08-25-2008, 10:09 PM
That my friend is the main reason that I was given this machine. the wife didnt like the idea of spending $$$$.$$ on up grading the duplicator that I built.

So I am learning to do 3dmodeling of the plate then convert to a png file to import. Not there yet hope to get there in a month or so. This would cut the carving time from 80+ hrs to maybe 30.

Then do a step by step if you are instered.

Carl:)

carvingcanuck
08-25-2008, 10:15 PM
That would be excelent. I would love to learn how to make something like that.
cheers.

FiddlemakerMills
08-25-2008, 10:18 PM
I will try to keep ya posted with the progress.

Carl:)

Digitalwoodshop
08-26-2008, 09:24 AM
My fix for the dust in the inside of the window is to take a knife and cut down the back removing the back bump out of plastic that leaks dust into the unit. Then the window slides out without damage and I clean it. I just used masking tape to hold the window in place and a piece on the back to cover the back. I have been carving for 3 weeks without a problem and no dust problems.

The plastic that covers the gear box looks like the same plastic on the window.

Just my way of dealing with it.

AL